The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CHL Season 2 (Now with less innovation!)

canucklax

My travel story:

Was supposed to be Vancouver-Chicago-Manchester.

Arrive in Chicago and supposed to have a 2 hour layover, but flight was cancelled to Manchester. Book a flight the next going through D.C. Stayed in hotel in Chicago, then get to airport and find out out the flight to D.C was delayed and we wouldn't be able to make our connecting flight. So we went through Newark NJ.

We arrive in NJ and have a couple hours to kill before we have to fly to Manchester. Find out later the flight has been cancelled, trying to scramble now to figure out what to do next. The only flight they had that night was to go through Boston and it left in 8 hours, so we decided to rent a car from Newark and drive for 6 hours to our location.

So basically we left Chi at 9:30am central and arrived at my brothers place at 11:00 pm Est.

All this with my 2 year old and my mom who needs a wheelchair to get around thanks to recent hip surgery.

Resignings:

anton-khudobin.jpg

The Boston Bruins have signed prospect Anton Khudobin (70, 4 Gold) to a 2 year contract worth 2M (1M per season).

viktor_stalberg_chi_041412.jpg

The Boston Bruins have signed pending RFA Viktor Stalberg (81, 4 Gold) to a 3 year deal worth 6M (2M per season).

tumblr_lhl22xMIUb1qh0ez6o1_500.jpg

The San Jose Sharks have resigned current RFA Jason Demers (80, 4 Gold) to a 3 year contract worth 6M (2M per season).

Keep those signings coming!

Well we ended up getting the 2nd seed heading into the playoff round with a record of 4-0. The team that finished 1st had 56 Gf and 7 Ga. We had 48 Gf and 21 ga.

We won our first playoff game 7-4 and we were down 4-1 heading into the 2nd half. We ended up winning our semi final game 6-5.

We then head a matchup against the 3 time defending champions and they had a player on their team that won a cup with the Habs in 93.

61B584CC-FC9D-4EAA-8400-223A11817BFA-1281-000000B52AFD6EB5_zps22a789fc.jpg

We got down early 3-0 and started to realize why everyone hated this team. They were the dirtiest, chippiest team I have played against in a very long time. Since they don't really have any refs they took full advantage and started tripping, slashing us. One guy actually slew footed my 60 year old uncle and told him he deserved it.

There was a lot of chirping going on between players on the ice and off of it.

Most teams we play against were all nice and you would have a beer with them after, but this team had a reputation of being a bunch of pricks and they showed it against us.

Besides all that, it was actually a fun and intense game to play in and we probably had close to 100 people watching.

Oh and we lost 8-6, which was pretty good considering they only allowed around 11 goals in 6 games and 6 against us in one game.

Yes I was in the yellow pants, and the guy with the white helmet is Richard Seeley.

Also sims more then likely tonight.

Archived