The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's your favourite hobby?

TIGER SINGH

I don't really have a preference. Futsal is more technical.

I prefer 7's over both to be honest. I'm the kind of player who thrives when I've got a lot of space to run into and when I've got a chance to run at the other team. I don't get that opportunity a lot playing indoors. I'm quick as well so the bigger pitch suits me a lot better.

I play in goals a lot when I'm playing indoors too. I quite enjoy being the goalie.

I love playing goal indoors, too. I get absolutely pummelled every time I do play in net, though. Thank God for cans! I love the space of outdoors, too. The gym / hockey rink can be limiting for fast players.

You sound like a speedy, little winger, to me. One who would be serving up lovely crosses for me as a big, Grant Holt-like striker.

Yeah, I get pummeled too. And diving onto a wooden floor hurts :lol: I actually played right back when I was at school. I was pretty good defensively but I could get forward a bit as well.

Always fun playing up front too. I wish I'd gone on to play in high school, but I was judged to be "not good enough" and I wasn't given a second chance, so I switched to rugby for a while. Started playing again when I came to uni and I really enjoy it.

Sounds like your coach was a douchbag, Scottish. Glad you started playing again. As a coach, making cuts is the hardest thing to do. I would never tell a kid he wasn't good enough. That could be damaging. Focus on the kids strengths, tell him what he needs to work on, shake his hand and say, "Thanks for coming out. Come and train with us, if you like".

I played from the age of 6 until I was 18... striker and sweeper. I also played hockey (field) until I left Vancouver 14 years ago. I was a striker / sweeper in hockey, too. Played for BC and trained, but never capped, with the National Team.

That's awesome and a pretty good achievement.

Yeah, he basically told everyone who wasn't in his group of favourites that they weren't good enough, but that other opportunities would come up. They never did though. I don't mind though, it got me playing rugby for a while and that was pretty fun so no harm done.

Archived