The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christmas Gifts! - What are you giving?

BrEwSki

I considered a diamond and sapphire necklace for she who must be obeyed but then I thought heck she would only enjoy wearing that a few times a year and the rest of the time it would be in our safety deposit box. Seemed a waste of $10,000.

So I decided to spend the money instead on a Sharp Aquos 90" LED TV - a gift that keeps on giving.

I thought it might be cool to share the gifts you plan on giving for christmas!

I'm at a loss for what I should get my girlfriend, but I'm hoping this thread can help.

I plan on giving the new Life of Pi book, New Ipod headphones, and a starbucks giftcard/mug.

I considered a diamond and sapphire necklace for she who must be obeyed but then I thought heck she would only enjoy wearing that a few times a year and the rest of the time it would be in our safety deposit box. Seemed a waste of $10,000.

So I decided to spend the money instead on a Sharp Aquos 90" LED TV - a gift that keeps on giving.

I decided to go traditional this year and give my significant other:

12 Drummers Drumming          

11 Pipers Piping          

10 Lords-a-Leaping          

9 Ladies Dancing          

8 Maids-a-Milking          

7 Swans-a-Swimming            

6 Geese-a-Laying          

5 Gold Rings          

4 Colly Birds          

3 French Hens          

2 Turtle Doves          

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Total cost... $107,300

Wife: Kobo E-Reader. Done.

Brother 1 and his wife: $50 gift certificate to local peanut free bakery (kid can only have nut free treats). Done.

Brother 2 and his horrible wife: $50 gift certificate to The Keg. Done.

Mom: Lives on Saltspring Island. Flowers delivered.

Dad and his wife: Wine.

Nieces and Nephews: I don't know, wife took care of it. All done though.

I always tell people not to get me anything, so I'll get nothing this year. My wife will give me the same thing as last year. But that's between me and her.

Archived