8 replies to this topic

#1 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I tried searching.. Found 1 topic that was archived so I couldn't post.. But the show just had its final episode last night. Amazing 2 part finish to the series. I wish it didn't end. Amazing show. I actually had a tear roll down my face near the end(not trying to give any spoilers for those that haven't watched it yet.) The writers did an amazing job.

Posted Image

#2 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,546 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Came and went, like all 'meh' CBS cop shows.

Is Hawaii Five-O still on? Why?
Posted Image

#3 lexluthor

lexluthor

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

5 years already? It's been on that long? I've only seen it's tv commericals from time to time when channel surfing but have never seen a single episode.

#4 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

One of my favourite shows. Flashpoint was an amazing series. It is not simply another cop show. It went over issues regarding the current state of society (terrorism, youth suicide regarding bullying or sexuality, parental kidnapping, the morality of certain decisions a cop faces, etc.) It was driven by issues most dear to our hearts, and I'm sad to see it end. Truly an amazing show.

#5 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Episode 1 of season 5, entitled "Broken Peace" was my favourite episode of the series. Watch that episode and you'll be hooked. Sorry the following video of said episode isn't in high definition..

Edited by Blömqvist, 14 December 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#6 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I was a huge fan of the show... and I'm really sad to see it come to an end. Definitely picked it up a little more in the last two seasons.

That said, while it was a decent show, it wasn't great. The story-line was often a little on the cheesy/predictable side, although there were some pretty damn good episodes.

Again, sad to see it come to an end, but I think it did rightfully so.

#7 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Came and went, like all 'meh' CBS cop shows.

Is Hawaii Five-O still on? Why?

The show only aired on CBS for American viewers, and later ION. It was originally broadcast on CTV though, since it was a Canadian show. One of the best Canadian shows I've ever watched.

And I wouldn't dismiss the show so easily. I always found it one of the most captivating police procedural out there. While they do fight crime every episode, they had this way of really engaging the viewer by going deeper into the characters and their emotions. As another poster mentioned, they dealt with many different issues each week and focused not on the crime-fighting aspect, but looked farther to explore the characters' humanity and their struggles. The show dove pretty deep at times and I think that's what made it so great.

#8 Hobbes!!!

Hobbes!!!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,986 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Absolutely love this show. Didn't miss an episode. A little cheesy at times and bad acting at times as well. But LOVED this show.

Great finale.

#9 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

5 years already? It's been on that long? I've only seen it's tv commericals from time to time when channel surfing but have never seen a single episode.

I hadn't heard of it til now. Course I'm not keen on new shows so that's probably why.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.