#301 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Okay...

I can't tell if this an insult directed towards me but if it is, it's the first time I've been insulted by someone for agreeing with them. :P

Nah...he's insulting me...and he'll get away with it, just like he always does.
Posted Image

View PostScott Hartnell, on 11 June 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#302 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Deb I must say that with the advent of e-cigarettes and providing they become affordable for everyone who needs one to give up tobacco, and with that just a straight shot of nicotine whenever needed, in vapor form..I'd be happy to see the number of "smoke" cigarettes dwindle. If I had enough money to give every smoker friend I know an E-Cig starter set I would do it in a heartbeat...it's certainly made my life a lot less hectic. These are smokeless, odorless, and they do an effective job of providing that nicotine relief. I hope some day they become available, cheaper...so that everyone can tell Big Tobacco to go suck an egg.

no one looks cool with one of those in their hands

#303 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Nah...he's insulting me...and he'll get away with it, just like he always does.

Why would you think that?
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#304 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wow. Good for you.

So...when does your court date come up?

I must have had to defend myself this way a dozen times. Never had to go to court. No need for me to press charges as I'm OK.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#305 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Nope it was not directed towards you.

Oh, ok.

Sometimes it's hard to tell...

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#306 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

no one looks cool with one of those in their hands

What??? Is this not the epitome of cool?

Britney Spears has also been seen on many occasions using her E-Cigarette - cool and classy, right?
Posted Image

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#307 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Oh, ok.

Sometimes it's hard to tell...

You would know, believe me. ::D

#308 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I think I'll keep out of "Off Topic Forums" from now on... my opinion is not worth having people hate me for it.

#309 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I think I'll keep out of "Off Topic Forums" from now on... my opinion is not worth having people hate me for it.

Basic rule - everyone is entitled to an opinion here - just be prepared for the fallout when said opinion is uninformed (and I am not suggesting that your opinion fall into that category).

Besides on an anonymous message board, who cares?

#310 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Basic rule - everyone is entitled to an opinion here - just be prepared for the fallout when said opinion is uninformed (and I am not suggesting that your opinion fall into that category).

Besides on an anonymous message board, who cares?

I understand that and even though it's the internet and it's all anonymous and what not, I just don't like upsetting people whether or not I know them, it just goes against my nature I guess...

I'm not saying it's bad to voice and defend your opinion with every fibre of your being. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 03 January 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#311 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I understand that and even though it's the internet and it's all anonymous and what not, I just don't like upsetting people whether or not I know them, it just goes against my nature I guess...

I would recommend against a career as a lawyer in that case. ::D

#312 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I would recommend against a career as a lawyer in that case. ::D

Ha ha! Don't worry! I'm not nearly smart or savvy enough for that anyway! :P

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 03 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#313 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

10+ pages of non-smokers preaching to the choir, and smokers trying to justify their idiocy...ohhhhhhhhh wow.

But I don't belong to either of those groups :frantic:

People shouldn't hate you for having a differing opinion so long as you address them respectfully (which you do).
Posted Image

#314 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Idiocy is a matter of opinion, sir. Most people smoke to relieve stress or because they are addicted...and those who smoke to relieve stress are smoking to relieve the stress brought about by having to deal with people like the posters in this thread. You want to ban smoking indoors (restaurants, bars), fine...like I said..but I proposed a viable solution, and just because someone who lives a zillion miles away from me thinks he knows everything there is to know about this issue will not deter me from positing the idea to the county commissioners...which I have already done, and there will be a vote on it next month at their meeting. I don't listen to "so-called" experts...I fight to prove them wrong...and if the vote goes the way it's looking now...there will be a provided community smoking lounge in Salisbury. Whether or not this would ever work in your hometown, in Vancouver, in BC is completely irrelevant to me, so reading rote statutes and laws and ordinances and codes is 100times even more irrelevant to me. Here nor there. I am on an E-Cig, free from the bondage of tobacco, so whatever happens with it really doesn't affect me at all. The best solution would be for the E-Cig manufacturers to make their product a: more affordable, and b: more readily available. If they ever got around to doing that, this entire argument would one day be moot.

Smokers actually believe that it relieves stress? LOL! Reminds me of drinkers who think alcohol helps with depression.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 03 January 2013 - 10:35 PM.

wmmkuv.jpg

#315 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

People shouldn't hate you for having a differing opinion so long as you address them respectfully (which you do).

I try and keep things respectful but I feel like I come off as asinine most of the time.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 03 January 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#316 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

OK, OK.

100% of all of indoors or enclosed spaces is nonsmoking and 100% of all of the outdoors for smokers. BTW, this would include your own home and parks and bus stops as well. Anyway, that's how I feel about it.

I loved my grandma and could put up with her smoking but I had to change my clothes and shower after visiting her.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#317 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

See his grandma smokes. She must be old and she's still alive, smoking isn't bad for you or anyone else. The people who complain about smokers on the other hand are clearly a much larger detriment to society and themselves.

#318 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

See his grandma smokes. She must be old and she's still alive, smoking isn't bad for you or anyone else. The people who complain about smokers on the other hand are clearly a much larger detriment to society and themselves.

grandma died 20 years ago.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#319 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

ok well then you must be old. Since she lived to be a grandma i'm still assuming she was old. People who don't smoke die too, we're all gonna ???? die even if you breath some of your grandma's second hand smoke, and she's dies from being attacked by a gang of huge black ni..................njas.

Edited by ashbury, 04 January 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#320 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I saw a piece of work with his girlfriend yell at this smoker to kill himself but not to drag them with him. The smoker was sitting there quietly at maybe 50 feet away. Long story short, the girlfriend was screaming and the boyfriend was out cold with his nose mashed in. The smoker was calmly walking away. This was in Yaletown. I really hated that smoker for not putting his cigarette out on the yuppy's forehead. We sat in the patio and continued to drink our beer watching for about 20 minutes at the guy lying there with the mashed in nose while others swarmed around doing nothing. The ambulance came. The ambulance had pretty lights.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#321 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Really sums up how some people appear to feel.

Edited by Jägermeister, 04 January 2013 - 02:50 AM.

Posted Image

#322 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

Instead of ranting you could have done something about it, just saying... :)
Posted Image

#323 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

The last time a limp wrist said that to me, he assaulted me by using his face to repeatedly hurt my fist. I had to walk away after that.

Damn!, You should try that with me, As someone who takes care of his health, non-smoker, boxing for the last 11 years, I think the outcome would be diff...but really, who are we non-smokers? Just some people that are trying to be there for our family/kids and trying to lead a long and healthy life...I have no prob with smokers, it's your choice, Just be considerate and follow the f'n rules.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#324 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Smokers actually believe that it relieves stress? LOL! Reminds me of drinkers who think alcohol helps with depression.

LOL! Guess what dude...I'm a former smoker..and it DID relieve stress...how's about you get a frame of reference for your foolishness? The E-Cig I'm on now? Well glory be...it relieves stress too...must be the nicotine...yeah...it is..because nicotine is the DRUG associated with cigarettes..and contrary to what some quack psychologists have to say...nicotine DOES relieve stress. Speaking from experience.

Edited by Munchie Marauder, 04 January 2013 - 06:27 AM.

Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#325 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

I saw a piece of work with his girlfriend yell at this smoker to kill himself but not to drag them with him. The smoker was sitting there quietly at maybe 50 feet away. Long story short, the girlfriend was screaming and the boyfriend was out cold with his nose mashed in. The smoker was calmly walking away. This was in Yaletown. I really hated that smoker for not putting his cigarette out on the yuppy's forehead. We sat in the patio and continued to drink our beer watching for about 20 minutes at the guy lying there with the mashed in nose while others swarmed around doing nothing. The ambulance came. The ambulance had pretty lights.

You are a fine, upstanding citizen .. I hope your beer did not get warm during the distraction ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#326 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,017 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

grandma died 20 years ago.

Smoking, or reindeer?
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#327 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Alright MM, if you and your pals are that intent on hotboxing yourselves with carcinogens, formaldehyde and other chemicals too numeroous to list here, and pay the government for the pleasure, this is what you have to do:

Open up a Private Club, which will admit only card carrying members (kinda like the NRA). You wouldn't be able to employ anyone legally to serve you but I hear that the Yanks have a vast reserve of illegal aliens which they can exploit for their own godly purposes, maybe you can tap into that.

Let us know how your tracheotomy goes! All the best.

#328 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Smoking, or reindeer?

I spewed my coffee .. too early, my good man .. :lol:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#329 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

POPULAR

Alright MM, if you and your pals are that intent on hotboxing yourselves with carcinogens, formaldehyde and other chemicals too numeroous to list here, and pay the government for the pleasure, this is what you have to do:

Open up a Private Club, which will admit only card carrying members (kinda like the NRA). You wouldn't be able to employ anyone legally to serve you but I hear that the Yanks have a vast reserve of illegal aliens which they can exploit for their own godly purposes, maybe you can tap into that.

Let us know how your tracheotomy goes! All the best.

"godly purposes" Considering I'm one of the most outspoken religious skeptics I doubt I'm getting my hands on that money...Second...If you've been reading...and judging by this post, you haven't... I NO LONGER SMOKE CIGARETTES. So...as far as your snarky little wisecrack about a tracheotomy...well..it's just irrelevant. I put forth the idea of a smoking lounge as a compromise...I'm tired of seeing good people like my friends harassed over stuff like a few feet of property...I'm tired of the bleeding hearts whining and crying every time they walk past someone who is already smoking and act like it's the smoker's responsibility to put it out when they walk by...sorry, but it is a two way street...it would take just as little time for the fragile non-smoking crybabies to walk away from where the smoker is, but because they feel the oxygen is their entitlement, they have to make a big honking deal about it. That is petty...very very petty...and unnecessary bickering. Both sides can be stubborn and unyielding...I have noticed that...but...and this is THE last comment I am making on this subject because I have a funeral to help plan for in about 45 minutes..The non-smokers in my experience have been far more rude, insensitive, stubborn, unyielding, pompous and arrogant than any smokers I know ever have been. Maybe they should take a chill pill...or find something to relieve their stress so they can stop being so sanctimonious about this issue. I don't smoke. I smoked for 15 years. Started when I was 13, in middle school. I went on my E-Cig 6 months ago, and finally...FINALLY wrested Big Tobacco's full nelson hold on me. I don't like cigarette smoke myself, but as someone who used to smoke...I can empathize with all the BULL CRAPOLA that those who currently do smoke are experiencing. These "oxygenazi" bleeding hearts need to be cognizant of the fact that the air on this planet does not solely belong to them...and for all of you who grill out..who barbecue...did you not know that the smoke coming off that grill that gets in your face and you breathe in is miles more hazardous to your lungs than a little bit of second hand cigarette smoke?
Posted Image

#330 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

they feel the oxygen is their entitlement

OMG you are absolutely priceless :lol:
I +1'ed you cuz you gave me such a good laugh, and laughing is a true stress reliever.

This feeling of entitlement has dogged me since I took my first breath lmfao

E cigarettes BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it hurtsBAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by scottiecanuck, 04 January 2013 - 12:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.