The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple warning signs surrounding King Of ES

G-52

Now that ES's essentially posted the same amount of times this season as he did last, I thought I'd have a look at the numbers to see how exactly he's "developing" (generous term).

WARNING: this ain't pretty

2011-12: 45 GP, 1 Good one, 458 Poor ones , -427, 459 SOG, 753 PIM

2012-13: 65 GP, 0 G, 18 P, -1652, 1212 SOG, 1756 PIM

By my calculations, this amounts to the following data comparatives:

• 60% year-over-year reduction in brain cells

• 31% year-over-year reduction in post quality

• 18% year-over-year reduction in SOG - THANK GOD ITS LESS

• 90% year-over-year increase in PIMs.

And, to be honest, the two things that are of the most concern to me are the decline in Brain cells and the increase in idiocy. There's really no explanation for how stupid he is. And this SOG figure is even inflated, as ES did have 14 SOG last night, bringing up his average significantly.

And while it's nice that he does seem willing to throw the body, at times, and drop the gloves, at times, I really hope that we didn't trade a useful forum member for a bottom-six goon that will be lucky to get 1 goal per year in hopefully limited minutes. I'm beginning to wonder if ES has a bit of "Bettman" in him; capable of so much, too stupid to realize it and in the penalty box way, way too much.

Let's not forget that ES' hand was held by his mom in the off-season to try and get his training habits in shape (not a good sign), and even went on to be a healthy scratch in 1 (or more, I'm not sure) game, also (clearly) not a good sign.

Who else is concerned? I know I am...

That's why we have mods and that's why there are procedures in reporting posters to them. This just promotes hatred among us. We are all Canuck fans. We may have different views but I think we can constructively do things.

Archived