The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World U17 Hockey Challenge

I know that most people dont watch this tournament as it happens at the same time as the World Juniors but it is a fantastic tournament that has the future superstars all in one place. This years version has had some spectacular games including an 8-7 OT win from Team Pacific over Team Russia and a few dominant games from Team Ontario. With 2014 and 2015 top prospects like Connor McDavid, Jake Virtanen, Aaron Ekblad, Josh Ho-Sang, William Nylander it has been fantastic to watch and if you get a chance I would recommend it as it is getting to the medal round stages.

Here are a few clips of Jake Virtanen of Team Pacific who after a slow start with the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL in his 16 year old season has been dominant in this tournament of players his own age with 4 goals in 3 games plus a shootout winner. I apologize for not having clips of McDavid etc. but this is all I got.

Yep, Ontario with the loss to Quebec means they are out. They will face Pacific who won 3 out of 4 games, but all in overtime which in this tournament means you get 2 points instead of a regulation win of 3. The only elite prospect that I really know is William Nylander. The final 4 are Sweden, USA, Quebec, Russia and my area that im familiar with more players are the Pacific, West, Ontario teams.

Archived