9 replies to this topic

#1 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,098 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Very cool documentary by Vice (Check out their youtube channel for other amazing documentaries)

We met with a guy who's been injecting himself with snake venom for 20 years and he looks better than ever.

The hemotoxins which attack human blood cells in a tree viper's venom can result in an agonising death in less than 30 minutes. The neurotoxins in a cobra bite can kill a person in half that time. for the past 20 years Steve Ludwin has been sticking all this lovely deadly snake juice in a syringe and mainlining it all the way to immortality. Privately milking an array of deadly snakes including rattlesnakes, monocled cobras, and a few casual vipers thrown in to the mix, Steve has been injecting what would for any normal human be fatal amounts venom into his body since the late 80s.

The basic principle - laid out by pioneer herpetologist, Bill Haast, who died last year at the age of 100 - is that regular exposure to the venom results in the body developing an immunity. Steve claims to not only never get ill, but that cobra venom is the ultimate pick me up, with effects lasting a days after injecting, making Steve stronger, faster and more resilient. Finally it looks like mainstream scientific research might be catching up.

Is this a bad thing or good?

As far as I see it, sure you can say its like doing a hard drug like heroin or meth but he's much safer than an addict plus he's not supporting any gangs or drug crime. Not to mention maybe he's on to some new medical science? I mean look at the guy, he's been doing it for 20 years, he seems healthy and looks much younger than 46.

Edited by Armada, 17 January 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#2 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I guess it's true!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! :P

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 17 January 2013 - 01:24 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#3 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,075 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Anyone wanna hook me up with some rattler venom?
Posted Image

#4 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,733 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Very cool documentary by Vice (Check out their youtube channel for other amazing documentaries)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_m-rDUNw0

Is this a bad thing or good?

As far as I see it, sure you can say its like doing a hard drug like heroin or meth but he's much safer than an addict plus he's not supporting any gangs or drug crime. Not to mention maybe he's on to some new medical science? I mean look at the guy, he's been doing it for 20 years, he seems healthy and looks much younger than 46.

So would someone who has been eating well and exercising properly fo 20 years too.
Posted Image

#5 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hell no. I think everyone is checking under their desks right now....

#6 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,098 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

So would someone who has been eating well and exercising properly fo 20 years too.

Sure, but wouldn't you believe there would be some side affect for taking venom for 20 years.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#7 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Sure, but wouldn't you believe there would be some side affect for taking venom for 20 years.

Probably no worse than OTC's or pharmaceuticals.

#8 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I am quite surprised that Lance Armstrong has not tried doing this at some point in his career :lol:

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#9 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

just watched the entire video, quite interesting.
not something i'd ever do though, that's for sure. crazy nothing's happened side-effects wise though, especially after all these years!

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#10 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Stick to reefer. ;)
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.