The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it just me, or does it look like Gillis is playing the whole league?

Yes its my first post, but I can pretty much assure you I've been lurking these forums for years. Yes i've seen stupid sheet, but i've also read some really insightful posts and have really thought about this one.

Honestly, i dont think Gillis has ever really wanted to trade Luongo. Luongo never said he wanted to leave. Schneider got a raise he deserved. Its everyone else that said "He's now the number one". Think for a moment and look from a different point of view, not one "centralizing" around cap issues. You spend X amount of dollars for 12 forwards, you spend Y amount of dollars on 8 defensemen, so you spend LESS money on two people who are guaranteed to play half the season?

I dont care what anyone says....Gillis knows what he is doing. Who is to say Schneider and Loo arent also in on this? From what i've seen none of the three seems particularily fazed with this trade rumor pressure.

I think WE started the trade rumors, and luongo went with it. Gillis is just leveling out the price of good goaltenders. If Luongo wont get a return of (blah blah trade), what will Bernier get? How long can teams wait for their youngsters to mold?

Gillis shored up the defense and toughness. Yes we have a weakness in the second line...that will mend itself when people heal up. The players we are using in second line now will be very effective contributers to a shortened season and long playoff.

Gillis will keep Luongo till offseason, AV will use BOTH goalies in the playoffs as he should. Why trade luongo?

Archived