Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nuck luck

Optimistic thoughts on the Canucks.....

43 posts in this topic

A lot of optimism going on here. I honestly thought the canucks were quite sloppy against Anaheim and probably wouldn't have won without all the power plays and the play of Hiller.

An excellent and positive perspective, nuck luck .. ignore the nay-Sayers .. I too am very optimistic ..

A lot of optimism going on here. I honestly thought the canucks were quite sloppy against Anaheim and probably wouldn't have won without all the power plays and the play of Hiller.

I guess JS is Jordan Shrayyyyder?

Usually you need to be a little higher profile to be easily recognized by your initials.

I like this! Great post man. Sure are a lot of positives to this team and 2 of our top 6 forwards are out. Great to see players stepping up to fill in the voids.

I know hey, how was that game sloppy far from it they played like they should have the powerplay clicked and they made them pay lets hope the sharks are in the box all night tonight. I dont care how you get a goal a goal is a goal. Making a team pay for stupid undiciplined penalties is ok with me. GO CANUCKS GO.

most people that think that anahiem game was a good one dosent watch anyother hockey besides canucks... win or lose canuck games are terribly slow paced and just boring.. refs were heavily in favor of the nucks last game and turned the game in their favor after they were being dominated 5-on-5 even our PP is superslow at moving the puck almost any other hockey game on any given night is far better for entertainment. sure a win is a win and most canuck fans say who cares how we win.. that just means your so hard up to see a win youll take it anyway you can get it wich shouldnt be the case with back to back pres cup winners youd think they would be the most exciting team on ice but they are far from it. when playoffs come and canucks once again cant play their game becasue they need to speed up their tempo we will collapse again . can hope the refs hand us the game every night.

Usually you need to be a little higher profile to be easily recognized by your initials.

@ chrisbanks Presidents cup does not = exciting hockey. Did you watch any NewJersey games back when they were winning cups, that was almost painful to watch but it was effective. Yes, there 5 on 5 has to pick up, and should when they Kes back but think overall they have done alright filling in the gaps.

The Canucks have clearly gotten better with every game they have played. However San Jose is the toughest team we've faced so far, the only playoff team from last season yet. We will see if the trend continues; Friday is tough to top but again, San Jose is a tougher opponent so degree of difficulty is higher. I still consider these games glorified pre-season. Players need to get synched up with each other and play themselves into game shape and get in rhythm. Coaches haven't had time to get everyone on board with the systems. Everyone is still working out the kinks. By mid-February we should have a better idea what this season is gonna look like.

most people that think that anahiem game was a good one dosent watch anyother hockey besides canucks... win or lose canuck games are terribly slow paced and just boring.. refs were heavily in favor of the nucks last game and turned the game in their favor after they were being dominated 5-on-5 even our PP is superslow at moving the puck almost any other hockey game on any given night is far better for entertainment. sure a win is a win and most canuck fans say who cares how we win.. that just means your so hard up to see a win youll take it anyway you can get it wich shouldnt be the case with back to back pres cup winners youd think they would be the most exciting team on ice but they are far from it. when playoffs come and canucks once again cant play their game becasue they need to speed up their tempo we will collapse again . can hope the refs hand us the game every night.

I feel like Shawn Thornton was an intangible player for the Bruins during the Stanley Cup finals as well.

The Canucks have clearly gotten better with every game they have played. However San Jose is the toughest team we've faced so far, the only playoff team from last season yet. We will see if the trend continues; Friday is tough to top but again, San Jose is a tougher opponent so degree of difficulty is higher. I still consider these games glorified pre-season. Players need to get synched up with each other and play themselves into game shape and get in rhythm. Coaches haven't had time to get everyone on board with the systems. Everyone is still working out the kinks. By mid-February we should have a better idea what this season is gonna look like.

A positive would be the play of Jordan Schroeder. He hasn't looked out of place at all and has been one of the better forwards the past few games.