11 replies to this topic

#1 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I know this may sound crazy, but what would it take to get Jeff Tambellini back? I know he's playing in Switzerland but I know he'd probably come back. He has absolutely dirty snipes and he's the type of player the Canucks need: A pure sniper. Just look at these Sick snipes:

Also, he's from Port Moody.

Edited by MinnyNux, 30 January 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#2 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,940 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's back in North America and looking for a deal. I don't think we'd go after him though as we have enough depth as is.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#3 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's back in North America and looking for a deal. I don't think we'd go after him though as we have enough depth as is.

Agreed. When Kesler and Booth are back we have enough depth with Schroeder, Kassian and Raymond all playing well. Also, I am not sure of the number but with the signings of Vandermeer and Barker we must be close to our contract limit.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#4 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Agreed, just thought it'd be an interesting pickup if it did happen. Also, The contract between the ZSC Lions and Jeff Tambellini on 28 December 2012 has been dissolved by mutual agreement. About the contents of the contract was agreed keep silent."

Edited by MinnyNux, 30 January 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#5 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Jeff Tambellini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Andrew Ebbett

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#6 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I remember him having really good chemistry with Malhotra and Raymond. That would be an interesting line.

#7 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hopefully in his time there he was able to step his game up to another level and rounded out as a player. He even described play in the Swiss League as somewhere between the AHL and NHL. With his success overseas (near p.p.g. player, team's leading scorer, his team won the championship too) he may be ready to contribute in even greater levels. Really hope he could follow Damien Brunner's story, dominate overseas and then come back to play in Vancouver's Top 9!

Maybe at this point (or in the near future) he'd be ready to compete with Hansen for the 2nd line right wing spot? He should have more offensive upside than the Great Dane, and hopefully that bumps Ebbett out.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#8 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

I don't think he'll want to come back, he went to play out of North America so he can play more of a top 6 game, he likes being the scorer, that's why he didn't like staying in Vancouver, he was our depth and our third liner, heck he was even scratched a bunch of times. He has his time but he's just too inconsistent, and if you watch the clips he's very predictable after you know what he's going for. He takes the puck goes into the zone and snaps it top corner. I like him, when he was in the canucks I loved this guy, but we won't be needing him with Booth, Raymond, kesler, and Kassian
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#9 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Jeff Tambellini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Andrew Ebbett

yup
ebbett is playing terrible.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#10 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I don't think one player on the Canucks other than Daniel can pick a corner like Jeff can.

#11 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

I think he is a great player. Used to really enjoy watching him because he is one of the most hardworking players.

Only thing is that if Canucks were to pick him up. When everyone is heathly Canucks will have too many players for the bottom 6.

As for people saying "Ebbett<Tambellini", they both play different positions. I'm not saying Ebbett is playing well or anything, but he is a center that we are lacking. Canucks are not lacking wingers at all.

So for those reason's I'm out.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#12 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Bumping this again. I think he could replace Raymond tbh.. Free up some Cap.

Edited by Salo'sBomb, 05 February 2013 - 07:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.