The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti vs Wiese

Bananas

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Volpatti has a lot more to offer, now that he knows he is appreciated by the coach I think he will blossom into a really good 4th liner.

I have nothing against Weise and as pointed out he is still young but he needs to learn to fight because he has no place on the 3rd line ...........in this team.

Rypien37, Just wanted to say you are the only poster on here that makes any sence when it come to pugilism. I'll make it real simple folks. We have more than a handfull of young talent capable of filling Mr.Weise's shoes and let me say plenty that would hug and duck there way through fights to make our lineup. Boxing lessons? Dale should know that to win in boxing, you must be able to hit your opponent. Zenon challenged our bench people!, after Dale hung on for dear life with a middle weight X2.

Why did we sign Vandy? a capable D man that people actually fear? I'm confused as to how losing two fights in one game to a guy 30lbs less than you can spark or scare the other team into being honest.

Rypien37, Just wanted to say you are the only poster on here that makes any sence when it come to pugilism. I'll make it real simple folks. We have more than a handfull of young talent capable of filling Mr.Weise's shoes and let me say plenty that would hug and duck there way through fights to make our lineup. Boxing lessons? Dale should know that to win in boxing, you must be able to hit your opponent. Zenon challenged our bench people!, after Dale hung on for dear life with a middle weight X2.

Why did we sign Vandy? a capable D man that people actually fear? I'm confused as to how losing two fights in one game to a guy 30lbs less than you can spark or scare the other team into being honest.

Pretty easy to challenge the bench after you acted like the biggest tool in the box. The Canucks were laughing their a..es off at that ape. Dale did his job perfectly tied up one of the Wilds goons twice made Zonopka melt and get tossed and get an extra penaty to boot. Rupp looked like a scared little girl next to Kassian.

Pretty easy to challenge the bench after you acted like the biggest tool in the box. The Canucks were laughing their a..es off at that ape. Dale did his job perfectly tied up one of the Wilds goons twice made Zonopka melt and get tossed and get an extra penaty to boot. Rupp looked like a scared little girl next to Kassian.

Well thanks for the complement B).

I agree with the post fully. I am not sure as to why Patti wouldn't come in and take on Konopka the 2nd time he wanted to fight. Would have been a much better match up as I highly doubt he would have been able to handle Rupper.

As for Vandermeer, who is clearly the best fighter currently in our system (although Mallet is getting there) I really just think it is because of how many D we have signed. Although if we were going to sign Vandy all along, not sure we needed to sign Barker too.

If I had it my way, Vandy would have been the #7 guy (in as soon as an injury happened, or if a top 6 guy needed a wake up call), Barker #8 and Alberts traded for what ever we could get.

I think my issue here is it seemed Vandy was gonna see some action as the team pushed for him to be signed. Sounds like they realize our toughness is a problem and would like him policing instead of Dale the scared turtle Weise. I understand his place in our depth chart but his specific skill he brings bumps him up a few pegs Ryp.

Volpatti to me is a capable fouth liner who has marginal fighting ability. I need a few decisive wins on his part to change my mind, against some good opponents

Of course. I would love for Vandy to play 15-20 games in a shortened season like this.

As for Patti I do agree, however I think is fighting ability is pretty underrated and his size is holding him back a lot (6'0 215).

This is what I just don't understand about Gillis. He signs a guy like Patti to a one way contract who brings strictly fighting and hitting to the table, while preaching about how guys on the 4th line need to be able to play the puck.

Sure Patti can play his 5-8 min a night without being a big liability, but if you were going to sign a guy like that, why not get someone who is much more established in that department.

We had plenty of opportunities to sign guys like Asham, Tootoo (although not much size), Parros, Carkner ect ect in the summer.

I just don't get it.

Of course. I would love for Vandy to play 15-20 games in a shortened season like this.

As for Patti I do agree, however I think is fighting ability is pretty underrated and his size is holding him back a lot (6'0 215).

This is what I just don't understand about Gillis. He signs a guy like Patti to a one way contract who brings strictly fighting and hitting to the table, while preaching about how guys on the 4th line need to be able to play the puck.

Sure Patti can play his 5-8 min a night without being a big liability, but if you were going to sign a guy like that, why not get someone who is much more established in that department.

We had plenty of opportunities to sign guys like Asham, Tootoo (although not much size), Parros, Carkner ect ect in the summer.

I just don't get it.

I lost all hope when Parros got passed on, Carkner, love to have him but as you stated, our D core is stacked. The one that hurt most was Prust, why? he is excactly what this team needed. everywhere he goes, fan fav, guy can play, and since Rypien's passing, has become a hell of a fighter.

anyone missing Glass now? I am

Dale Weise seems to be more involved in the play,whereas Volpatti can be anonymous.Sometimes I cringe a bit when Weise gets into a scrap..he's always game,but have you ever seen him win a scrap?

I would have liked to have seen Volpatti against Konopka last night..that would have been interesting.

Konopka certainly outmuscled Weise and of course landed shots but his face looked like a bruised tomato after the second fight and Weise definitely caught him a couple times.

Konopka also embarrassed himself, his team, and the league by his bush antics as he was sent off.

It's possible volpatti would have done better but no garunteed as Zenon is actually a very technical fighter generally or really he hangs on and ties up a lot. Volpatti is knuckle chucking.

Archived