The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Players of All-Time - #50!

-AJ-

#50 Player of All-Time!  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're finally at #50! After this one is done, I'll make another topic with the completed list.

Glenn Hall won with 29.17% of the votes.

Chelios had 6 nominations; Esposito was second with two.

Chris Chelios was added to the list.

Congratulations to Glenn Hall for being named the #49 Player of All-Time!

Please remember to nominate someone to be added to the voting list! (Though they may not end up on the list, think of players left on the list as honourable mentions)

The List:

#1 - Wayne Gretzky

#2 - Mario Lemieux

#3 - Bobby Orr

#4 - Gordie Howe

#5 - Maurice Richard

#6 - Steve Yzerman

#7 - Nicklas Lidstrom

#8 - Doug Harvey

#9 - Joe Sakic

#10 - Patrick Roy

----------------------

#11 - Mark Messier

#12 - Mike Bossy

#13 - /topic/339059-top-50-players-of-all-time-45/#">Martin Brodeur

#14 - Jean Beliveau

#15 - Ray Bourque

#16 - Jaromir Jagr

#17 - Marcel Dionne

#18 - Bobby Hull

#19 - Paul Coffey

#20 - Dominik Hasek

----------------------

#21 - Brett Hull

#22 - Ron Francis

#23 - Guy Lafleur

#24 - Pavel Bure

#25 - Eddie Shore

#26 - Phil Esposito

#27 - Teemu Selanne

#28 - Denis Potvin

#29 - Terry Sawchuk

#30 - Valeri Kharlamov

----------------------

#31 - Howie Morenz

#32 - Jacques Plante

#33 - Peter Stastny

#34 - Bryan Trottier

#35 - Vladislav Tretiak

#36 - Dale Hawerchuk

#37 - Stan Mikita

#38 - Peter Forsberg

#39 - /topic/339059-top-50-players-of-all-time-45/#">Adam Oates

#40 - Larry Robinson

----------------------

#41 - Sidney Crosby

#42 - Jari Kurri

#43 - Sergei Fedorov

#44 - Henri Richard

#45 - Luc Robitaille

#46 - Bobby Clarke

#47 - Ken Dryden

#48 - Mike Gartner

#49 - Glenn Hall

For #50, I'm voting for Al MacInnis. The owner of one of the hardest shots of All-Time won the Stanley Cup and was the Conn Smythe winner in his Flames' 1989 Cup win.

He was a point-a-game defender for about 11 years in the NHL, an amazing feat. He is one of only 5 defensemen to ever have over 100 points (He had 103 in 1990-91).

He won a Norris Trophy in 1999 and was a First Team All-Star 4 times.

al-macinnis.jpg

I'm gonna nominate Phil Housley, one of the greatest offensive defensemen of All-Time, and I feel like he deserves to be an honourable mention on this list.

Like MacInnis, he hovered around a point-a-game for a long period of time including a stunning 97-point season (18G, 79A) in 1992-93. Only Orr, Coffey, MacInnis, Leetch, and Potvin have had higher point totals among defensemen in a season.

That season wasn't a random fluke though. Housley also had 81 and 86-point seasons as well. He played in seven All-Star games, and was a runner-up for the Norris in 1992.

Playing in an era with players like Ray Bourque, Chris Chelios, Paul Coffey, and Brian Leetch, Housley was often overshadowed, but when you look back at his career, you realize just how good he was.

Housley finished his career with 1,232 points in 1,495 games. He remains 4th All-Time in goals and points among defensemen.

phil.jpg

I'm just wondering who is voting for Luongo and why? What has Luongo done that is far superior than what others have done on this list. Especially when you consider three of the all time great defensemen in Chelios, Leetch, and MacInnis are still up. Hell even The Eagle is better than Luongo was when he was in his prime. Guess none of you remember how good Ed Belfour was.

I'm just wondering who is voting for Luongo and why? What has Luongo done that is far superior than what others have done on this list. Especially when you consider three of the all time great defensemen in Chelios, Leetch, and MacInnis are still up. Hell even The Eagle is better than Luongo was when he was in his prime. Guess none of you remember how good Ed Belfour was.

Archived