24 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

As a MLB ,NFL,CFL fan aswell as hockey MLB new era 5950 hats are the best on the market..they fit the best and look the best... i was pumped to hear NFL and CFL also got 5950 hats last year and they look awesome and have sold thousands upon thousands.... i was really hoping the NHL would catch on... sure enough they did JUST NOT THE CANUCKS!!!! chicago SJ philly pitt and a couple other US teams have sweet new era 5950 hats canucks are stuck with terrible rebok , mitchell and ness , old time hockey hats they are all terrible . all i want is a nice blue 5950 hat with the rink and stick logo front and centre is that too much to ask? i got my bluejays saints bc lions 5950 hats just need a canucks one now! whos with me?

#2 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Sorry but those are ugly. I wouldn't even wear it if it had luongos number on it.

What's with their flat visors and people keeping on the germ infested stickers on them? They're such rapper things to wear lol.

Sorry just my view on them... maybe i don't likr them because they don't look good on me.

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#3 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

This is my kind of hat. I really don't like the flat brim hats

Edited by CanuckianOne, 22 February 2013 - 01:38 PM.

g3HKFnX.png

#4 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

apollo they come with the flat brim and stickers, u curve them yourself and take the stickers off. all my hats are curved no stickers

#5 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

we do have new era hats ... so whats the problem of putting out the 5950s insted of the crap 3930s ?

#6 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

I have two 5950 Canucks hats..

Edited by JimLahey, 22 February 2013 - 02:16 PM.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#7 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

I have two 5950 Canucks hats..

and where do u exactly get these hats? all the new era hats on the canucks website are stretch fit 3930s

Edited by chrisbanks, 22 February 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#8 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

and where do u exactly get these hats?

I bought them at a store called Lids in West Edmonton Mall. I'm sure they sell them elsewhere. (somewhere in Vancouver?)

Edit: http://www.lids.ca/stores/BC

Edited by JimLahey, 22 February 2013 - 02:24 PM.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#9 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

I got one from Champs a few years back, unfortunately it's all misshapen now and looks like crap. It's dark blue with the orca on the front.

#10 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

the only one from lids ive ever seen came out like 4-5 years ago and its black with a balck and white orca logo . i want team colors.

#11 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

As a MLB ,NFL,CFL fan aswell as hockey MLB new era 5950 hats are the best on the market..they fit the best and look the best... i was pumped to hear NFL and CFL also got 5950 hats last year and they look awesome and have sold thousands upon thousands.... i was really hoping the NHL would catch on... sure enough they did JUST NOT THE CANUCKS!!!! chicago SJ philly pitt and a couple other US teams have sweet new era 5950 hats canucks are stuck with terrible rebok , mitchell and ness , old time hockey hats they are all terrible . all i want is a nice blue 5950 hat with the rink and stick logo front and centre is that too much to ask? i got my bluejays saints bc lions 5950 hats just need a canucks one now! whos with me?

Its time to take to the streets and riot. I think we should start protesting Parliment. We want change and we want it now. If they won't listen we will bring our case before the UN and if still no Canuck 5950 hats I think we take our petition before the human rights tribunal of the Hague. It is obviously man's inalienable right to live a life free of tyranny and to wear a 5950's hat with the logo of his favorite team on it. Its time for action people... Its time for change.
Posted Image

#12 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

apollo they come with the flat brim and stickers, u curve them yourself and take the stickers off. all my hats are curved no stickers

Oh my bad... sorry I seen pictures of rappers and even Bieber wearing them flat with the sticker. I thought that's what u meant

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#13 captain_kirk1

captain_kirk1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

go to Jersey city, you can find your flat lid caps there sticker and all.

personally I don' t like the style either - leave it to NFL and CFL, NBA.

#14 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

I bought mine (fitted, stick in rink blue hat with green brim) at the team store right in the arena at a game last year, they do sell quite a few hats.
Other than that, try lids or jersey city.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#15 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

not a fan of the flat brim, not such a fan of hats really, i do have a couple canucks but normal like draft day hats.
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#16 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Oh my bad... sorry I seen pictures of rappers and even Bieber wearing them flat with the sticker. I thought that's what u meant

no its the same type of hat but look at baseball players they all have them curved most of them anyways mlb hats are all 5950 hats dumb rappers just think it looks cool to wear them sideways and not curve the brim and keep the price tag on .. most people have no idea how comfortable a 5950 hat is becasue most people think they are meant to be worn with a flat brim and they meant for rappers

#17 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

just went on neweracap.com they have 2 new canuck 5950 hats.... and they are awful grey with blue brim and johnny canuck on the front. and blue with black brim with johnny canuck on it... if you wernt from van you wouldntve even know its a canuck hat swing and a miss new era.

#18 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'm actually not a fan of hats anymore. The only reason I still wear them is that my wife likes it when I wear one. Most likely because it distracts her from having to look at my face.

As for flat brim hats, they are certainly up there as one of the worst fashion statements around.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#19 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#20 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

I bought them at a store called Lids in West Edmonton Mall. I'm sure they sell them elsewhere. (somewhere in Vancouver?)

Edit: http://www.lids.ca/stores/BC

My brother also has a few of these vancouver hats from Lids in Ontario, best bet is try there i guess OP!
Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#21 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

I remember the Team Store had this last year I believe. Dunno what happened to it.. Maybe they still do..

Posted Image

I personally have these two and I love em. The bottom one, the Team Store has the Reebok version and it's pretty much the same design. The logo is slightly bigger and it's a lot nicer. I know New Era makes the best quality hats, because I'm a hat person myself, but at the same time, if the design looks nice and the logo/color scheme works well, what the hey right?

Posted Image

Posted Image

So go check out the Team Store. I'm sure they still have the bottom hat picture there except it's Reebok..

#22 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

I remember the Team Store had this last year I believe. Dunno what happened to it.. Maybe they still do..

Posted Image

I personally have these two and I love em. The bottom one, the Team Store has the Reebok version and it's pretty much the same design. The logo is slightly bigger and it's a lot nicer. I know New Era makes the best quality hats, because I'm a hat person myself, but at the same time, if the design looks nice and the logo/color scheme works well, what the hey right?

Posted Image

Posted Image

So go check out the Team Store. I'm sure they still have the bottom hat picture there except it's Reebok..

Those are snapbacks. A different beast entirely.

A stupid beast.

I wear 5950 MLB hats because that is the type the players wear. They're high quality and they do look good. But I curve the brim, take the stickers off and wear it properly.

Saying 5950s suck because of the way rappers wear them is like saying jeans are stupid because some people wear them sagging around their ass.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#23 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

they should ban flat hats with gold stickers, they have to be pre-bent. Just another fad that will die a quick and meaningless death to the trend beast
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#24 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

they should ban flat hats with gold stickers, they have to be pre-bent. Just another fad that will die a quick and meaningless death to the trend beast

No. The nice thing about 5950s is that you can bend them to your preferred curve.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#25 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Every time I see some one with the sticker on their hat, it reminds me of this:

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.