The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think it is time for a political change in B.C.?

Harbinger

It is such a gloomy prospect to have NDP back in power. And I do think it is time to take a break from the liberals. However, there doesn't appear to be a viable alternative at this point. I do wish that the electoral reform that the liberals put forward a few years ago passed. At least it would be easier for a 3rd party to develop a support over time.

It is such a gloomy prospect to have NDP back in power. And I do think it is time to take a break from the liberals. However, there doesn't appear to be a viable alternative at this point. I do wish that the electoral reform that the liberals put forward a few years ago passed. At least it would be easier for a 3rd party to develop a support over time.

That's because they really didn't. It's been estimated that 70 % of B.C.'s economy is directly or indirectly tied to activities in the interior and northern B.C. with much of that activity resource based. During the 90's, commoties such as coal, oil, gold saw prices stagnate or fall, to the point that the coal mines in Tumbler Ridge closed down. In the 2000's, those prices rebounded big time. The mines in Tumbler reopened or will reopen. I have a friend who works at one of the mines in Tumbler, and when there was a recent small drop in the price, management went ape, cancelling the Xmas party. It wasn't the new Liberal Government that reopened the mines, it was the prices.

So what kind of effect did stagnant/dropped prices have on many resource industries in BC during the 90's and by extension the BC economy/government finances????? Stuff that the NDP had no real hand in. Less production, expansion, exploration means less $$$$$$$ in the economy. simple

msp constanlty going up every year, hst debacle, taxes going up, highest debt levels ever, high tuition rates, bc rail criminal investigation, tolls, highest poverty rate in history ect....

yeah they really deserve to be re-elected. a message needs to be sent. The last time i checked I'm probably paying a couple thousand dollars more in taxes and fees thanks to this great party. They are the worst of both worlds higher taxes and mismanagement

msp constanlty going up every year, hst debacle, taxes going up, highest debt levels ever, high tuition rates, bc rail criminal investigation, tolls, highest poverty rate in history ect....

yeah they really deserve to be re-elected. a message needs to be sent. The last time i checked I'm probably paying a couple thousand dollars more in taxes and fees thanks to this great party. They are the worst of both worlds higher taxes and mismanagement

If by polictical change you mean getting people in Victoria that actually know what they are doing, then of course we need a change.

Correction, the BC Liberals do know what they are doing. They are flushing this province down the toilet with millions of wasted dollars, corruption and a complete ineptitude that makes me shutter when ever I see Christy Clark pretending to be BC Premier.

I am just adding that when I say does the province need a political change. I don't mean does it need to become NDP. I mean do people just think it needs another direction and vision. Be it the liberals changing, the NDP, the green party or even becoming socially and economically conservative. My question is more a generality of what you feel about how the province is evolving politically

I am just adding that when I say does the province need a political change. I don't mean does it need to become NDP. I mean do people just think it needs another direction and vision. Be it the liberals changing, the NDP, the green party or even becoming socially and economically conservative. My question is more a generality of what you feel about how the province is evolving politically

No the system is broken, we cater to immigrants too much and no political party has the backbone enough to say the realities of the situation for fear of turning an ethnic vote.

We didnt even elect christy clark..

Every mandate changes after 4-8 years lacking long term goals and real follow through.

Theres no accountability

BROKEN

Archived