The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Tanking the Season & Rebuilding

I don't understand what everyones fixation is with tanking the season. We can't afford to miss the playoffs, not with the age of our team. And all the trade proposals I see, most involve trading Lou for prospects and picks. I agree that we need to build our pipeline because we have some average talent but no high-end stars coming up, but more importantly is the fact that the majority of our team is around 30 yars old with our top stars turining 33 this year. The way I see it we have about 3 years to win the cup before we need to start worrying about our future. 3 years to do everything we can to go the distance. Even if that includes trading Lou and our 1st rd. and not getting prospect in return.

Feel free to rip me apart, but I want to know what your take on the subject is.. Do we mail it in this year and go for a draft pick that won't get us any closer to the cup next year, or make a trade for proven NHL star that can help us turn the season around?

We've lead the division almost all year and people sayingwe should tank iis ridiculous.

We shown how amazing our team is when they fire at all cylinders and we dominated Chicago in the first game... we beat the ducks the kings...

Only problem has been Edler and hamhuis if uu ask me. This team IS A CONTENDER

How is tanking the season even possible? If not injured, guys on the roster have to play. There's space for only three healthy scratches. The only other alternative is to waive them. So the Sedins, Burrows, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, the goalies, etc will all be playing. With such talent, the team is bound to win.

Are they supposed to hold a team meeting and undertake to intentionally lose games?

Archived