The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baby shot in the head and killed after teen threatens mother in botched robbery attempt

schlaBAM

I'm not sure that anyone that could shoot a baby in the head will end up as anybodies toy in prison. That is seriously cold and disgusting. The guy just isn't wired right. He may end up as the alpha dog in prison or dead but I just don't see him as receiver.

Another example of the type of senselessly bloodthirsty criminal they have so many of in the U.S., and why you can't assume that they'll just be after money. These guy might well have killed anyway even if they'd gotten their money.

Another example of the type of senselessly bloodthirsty criminal they have so many of in the U.S., and why you can't assume that they'll just be after money. These guy might well have killed anyway even if they'd gotten their money.

Okay, I understand that people love their effing guns, but heres my take.

Yes, let everyone have guns.... We can all protect ourselves against others WITH guns. Now, there are criminals who have guns, and law abiding citizens who have weapons as well. Everybody has a gun. But what does that really achieve? I believe that carrying weapons just brings pointless trouble to the surface.... What's the point of a gun? To protect yourself indeed, but it's also in the back of peoples minds that they can just go out and really kill someone.... It's just broadens the problem.

Now, I believe that guns aren't truly the issue, I don't want "gun control" per se, but "idiot control".... How many times have we heard that the shooter was a mental case? Do we really know for sure that they truly were? Can't someone just go to their doctor and describe a certain mental illness and put themselves in the "mental" case situation so that they can't be prosecuted properly and get the maximum sentence?

Get rid of the guns, a normal citizen will be a normal citizen and a criminal will be a criminal. A criminal will always BREAK THE LAW regardless of whether they can easily get guns or not. Putting guns into every bodies hands will cause more trouble.

Here is a situation where it is nice for a normal citizen to have a gun handy. Who know what would have happened if he didn't have a gun.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/22/i-just-put-three-rounds-in-his-a-dramatic-911-call-captures-oklahoma-man-shooting-home-intruder-after-police-couldnt-arrive-fast-enough/

A dramatic 911 call recorded a Oklahoma man’s confrontation with an intruder who broke into his Ponca City home early Thursday morning. The homeowner ended up shooting the intruder several times when police didn’t arrive in time.

The roughly five minute 911 call begins frantically enough: “You better get these (expletive) here or they will die,” the man told a 911 dispatcher.

The homeowner stayed on the line with 911 as he waited for the police to arrive. However, the police didn’t arrive before the intruder found his way into the house.

“They’re beating on my front door right now,” he said.

“Okay, we’ve got them on the way,” the dispatcher replied.

“They better hurry up, because I will blow these (expletive) away.”

A short time later, the home intruder managed to gain entry into the home. It was at this point that the homeowner fired several shots at the suspect.

“I just put three rounds in his ass,” he informed the dispatcher.

Click here to listen to the 911 call.

Ponca City Police say the incident took place at around 4:30 a.m. Thursday. The intruder was transported to a nearby hospital by ambulance and then airlifted to another Tulsa hospital. His condition was unknown Friday and police have not identified the suspect.

“The case is under investigation. Ponca City Police say once they complete the investigation the case will be turned over to the DA,” KOKH-TV reports.

Here is a situation where it is nice for a normal citizen to have a gun handy. Who know what would have happened if he didn't have a gun.

http://www.theblaze....ve-fast-enough/

A dramatic 911 call recorded a Oklahoma man’s confrontation with an intruder who broke into his Ponca City home early Thursday morning. The homeowner ended up shooting the intruder several times when police didn’t arrive in time.

The roughly five minute 911 call begins frantically enough: “You better get these (expletive) here or they will die,” the man told a 911 dispatcher.

The homeowner stayed on the line with 911 as he waited for the police to arrive. However, the police didn’t arrive before the intruder found his way into the house.

“They’re beating on my front door right now,” he said.

“Okay, we’ve got them on the way,” the dispatcher replied.

“They better hurry up, because I will blow these (expletive) away.”

A short time later, the home intruder managed to gain entry into the home. It was at this point that the homeowner fired several shots at the suspect.

“I just put three rounds in his ass,” he informed the dispatcher.

Click here to listen to the 911 call.

Ponca City Police say the incident took place at around 4:30 a.m. Thursday. The intruder was transported to a nearby hospital by ambulance and then airlifted to another Tulsa hospital. His condition was unknown Friday and police have not identified the suspect.

“The case is under investigation. Ponca City Police say once they complete the investigation the case will be turned over to the DA,” KOKH-TV reports.

Yea. Maybe it would have been best to allow the intruder to break in with the husband and wife defenseless. Maybe he would have killed them, beat them senseless, or maybe just tie them up. At least we wouldn't have had to debate about excessive force.

Yea. Maybe it would have been best to allow the intruder to break in with the husband and wife defenseless. Maybe he would have killed them, beat them senseless, or maybe just tie them up. At least we wouldn't have had to debate about excessive force.

Oh sure, then I guess we should just permit everyone to have guns in their possession, shall we?

I mean, while we're at it, might as well allow everyone to carry firearms openly everyday. What if someone were to mug you on the street? If you didn't have access to a weapon, you may be beaten senseless, or maybe killed. Surely that's sensible, right?

Wrong.

See America.

You know, I read this topic title at least 5 times before even coming in here. So impactful and, really, what's there to say?

A baby? Words are just lost on me.

Are we becoming zombies? Desensitized robots?

And the suspects are 17 and 14? Slowly losing all hope in this world. Just a random thought...even the musical guest (?) on SNL last night...song kept repeating "bang" and the singer (?) would make a gun gesture. Songworthy? I don't know...uncool to me and I don't see the big draw for singing about shooting like it's an every day event. Oh yeah, it is.

Violence has become so acceptable, so mainstream. It's totally glorified and it's too far gone it seems. I'm with EBW in questioning where it begins and ends.

Folks really lack perspective in these threads, it seems. Yes, it's tragic that a baby got killed. No, it isn't "yet another sign of the breakdown of society". In actuality, the fact that these events are so rare and cause such a negative reaction shows just how far our society has progressed. It is a testament to western civilization that people are outraged by a story like this.

Death and violence are prevalent around the world, children die from natural, preventable causes as well as violence. Human life is worth less than a cell phone (not a smartphone, mind you) in many parts of the world.

This violence is a fading remnant of where our society came from, not a tell-tale sign of where we're headed.

Those "gun in the home is more likely to be used on family member than intruder" studies are flawed and have been debunked because, among other things, they don't take onto account what happens the majority of the time where the intruder flees at the sight or even the possible presense of a gun.

Anyways, I don't want to blame any victims, but in a country where you've had the kind of issues the U.S. has had in the last 45 years, where you have lots of monsters who'll kill anybody for anything and ruin lives for nothing, you'd think a lot of folks would take better precautions

Archived