The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dead Space 3

Xur

Well due to the technical problems at Sim City's launch EA games has offered a list of games that you can choose one free full game forever if you had registered your copy of Sim City by a certain date.

I was very excited, there were many titles to choose from and I always remember everyone telling me how good Dead space 1 and 2 were so I grabbed Dead Space 3 as my choice.

BAD IDEA

Dead Spance 3 is one of the worst games I have ever played!

Interacting with objects is painful, very painful. It can takes minutes just to loot a corpse.

The graphics are crap for the usage. I am running a 2gig nvidia card with 10 gigs of ram and had to put the graphics on low just to deal with the bad programming that results in huge mouse lag at times.

The memoery leaks are absurd. Save your game every 60 seconds because this game is not fun and you will not want to do anything twice.

The controls are completely counter intuitive to anything I have ever played. I am a hard core gamer and this is by far the WORST input system on any game of all time.

Long and short don't get this game, not even if it is free.

Are you serious? I just bought Dead Space 3 because Gears of War: Judgement was crap.

Dead Space 3 is awesome and its hands down my favourite in the series. Yes, they lowered the intensity and horror in the game. But it is pretty darn cool being able to create weapons and having lots and lots of toys and parts to play with. I also like how the ammo is universal in this game.

Dead Space 3 is one of the best games I've ever played. I'd put it up there with Halo 1, Gears of War 1, Fallout 3/NV and The Elder Scrolls 4/5

I have never had any of the issues you have had. My memory has been fine. The graphics are amazing. Nothing revolutionary but they are good.

The programming is good. I really have no problems with this game. 5/5

I guess this might be for the computer version? Because the console version is perfectly fine in terms of saving your game and loading it.

As for the game itself, it's jumped off the whole jump-scare feel to it, and the scary environments, built up with soundtracks to get you into that horror-esk feel, and instead is now more of a shoot-em up kind of game. Still, with the additions of customizing your weapons (which I truly find fun), along with several different game modes to venture through the story with, and co-op with special side stories to it. I think it was an amazing game gameplay-wise, and story-wise.

Sure it has micro-transactions too, but you don't even need to use them, they're pointless really.

I don't know why you say there are issues with the controls too, they're the same as DS1 and DS2. I feel like you're just trolling, or hating on EA (which by all means, they deserve it).

I guess this might be for the computer version? Because the console version is perfectly fine in terms of saving your game and loading it.

As for the game itself, it's jumped off the whole jump-scare feel to it, and the scary environments, built up with soundtracks to get you into that horror-esk feel, and instead is now more of a shoot-em up kind of game. Still, with the additions of customizing your weapons (which I truly find fun), along with several different game modes to venture through the story with, and co-op with special side stories to it. I think it was an amazing game gameplay-wise, and story-wise.

Sure it has micro-transactions too, but you don't even need to use them, they're pointless really.

I don't know why you say there are issues with the controls too, they're the same as DS1 and DS2. I feel like you're just trolling, or hating on EA (which by all means, they deserve it).

Yes its the computer version, and thats one of the big problems with the game becuase it is designed for console and plays like crap with a mouse. The advantage of playing on the PC over the console is supposed to be accuracy, but this game is the opposite.

My 15 year old son sat down and gave it ago and he gave up on it within the first hour, saying we should have downloaded Battlefield instead.

Then how about the recycled environments? The brief and unsatisfying storyline? Only one boss fight in the entire game?

If it's the computer version, then I can understand (However I don't because I never game on PC)

As for the recycled environments, that's never bugged me with most games, it happens A LOT nowadays so it's something I've become used to. The story-line is OK, I wouldn't say it's terrible by any means, I truly like the co-op feature better, along with the fact you get more story out of it from the co-op character as well.

I guess it just didn't live up to expectations on PC though.

I wish you asked us first though on here, I would recommend BF3 out of all of the EA games, it's a load more intense and fun for an FPS, instead of like CoD, which is the same crap over and over.

i have had no issues on my pc version of dead space 3

not sure what you really mean about looting it takes the same amount of time as the previous versions and as for the controls again its the same as the previous versions

the only gripe i really have with dead space 3 is the direction they took

Archived