The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider - Vezina talk may start soon

BuretoMogilny

Dude, I don't care. Schneider had great stats, so ???? what, he was the 2nd best goalie out there. Quick made more saves. Any one wants to be the best goalie - well then beat the other goalie in the playoffs, 4 out of 7. Your stats can be awesome but if you are second best in a series, then the stats don't mean squat to me

Are you serious man? A goalie can only do so much...He can't physically go out there and score. So if Schneider puts up crazy numbers, say a 1.53gaa and a .942 save %, but loses a 7 game series in the first round you would consider him a failure? Wow.

The purpose of a goalie is to give your team a great chance to win every single game. Schneider more than did that against LA in the 3 games he played. He did enough to steal those games but his team just couldn't get him a couple goals.

Jonathan Quick made more saves than Cory, end of story. Whether you think it's fair or not, this is the way I've judged Luongo, and it will be the same way I will judge Cory Schneider.

Playoff wins is the only stat that matters to me. Sick and tire of having the 2nd best goalie in the playoffs.

Jonathan Quick made more saves than Cory, end of story. Whether you think it's fair or not, this is the way I've judged Luongo, and it will be the same way I will judge Cory Schneider.

Playoff wins is the only stat that matters to me. Sick and tire of having the 2nd best goalie in the playoffs.

Are you serious man? A goalie can only do so much...He can't physically go out there and score. So if Schneider puts up crazy numbers, say a 1.53gaa and a .942 save %, but loses a 7 game series in the first round you would consider him a failure? Wow.

The purpose of a goalie is to give your team a great chance to win every single game. Schneider more than did that against LA in the 3 games he played. He did enough to steal those games but his team just couldn't get him a couple goals.

No he shouldn't even get a nomination or be considered in the slightest. For the following reasons

Not enough GP

Couldn't hold the position early Luo was undoubtedly the superior tender early in the season.

He has had several blowouts and several weak goals in one goal games

Hes a top 10 goalie but not vezna consideration calibre yet.

Jennings on the other hand I hope they win that again. they should

This post is on point and is not debatable. Schneider doesn't come close to even deserving a nomination, let alone the award.

That being said, I am tired of seeing Anderson's bald mug in first place for GAA and Save %....he has played a whopping "17 games" and has no business even being in the top 10, let alone the top spot. Pretty easy to be #1 in a percentage based statistic when you don't play and when you do it's except lower to mid-tier competition.

I didn't hear about him getting the flu before the game.

So when I caught the Flames game half-way through the first, I was shocked to see Bobby Lu.

I'm a big Luongo fan, but I was freaking upset that he was the one playing and not Schenids. I thought it's another AV bonehead move lol.

But anyways, Schneider has just been lights out for his last stretch of games.

I didn't hear about him getting the flu before the game.

So when I caught the Flames game half-way through the first, I was shocked to see Bobby Lu.

I'm a big Luongo fan, but I was freaking upset that he was the one playing and not Schenids. I thought it's another AV bonehead move lol.

But anyways, Schneider has just been lights out for his last stretch of games.

Archived