172 replies to this topic

#151 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Yes and no... my main point is dear fans shut the front door and stop complaining about the goalie and the contract that took us to the finals.

There were ten teams ready to give luongo 7 million cap hit contracts ... some may have gone as high as 8 ...

Lets say luongo got a five year 35 million deal.

That's 1.6666 less in cap space. That translated to lappiere and higgy at the deadline. Both whom were crucial players in our run.

So you know what I conclude? Yes it was a fantastic contract which we reaped the benefits of and so did aquilini. It took us to the finals...

UNDER LUONGO THIS TEAM HAS WON MORE GAMES THAN AMY OTHER TEAM IN THE NHL FOR 3 SEASONS.
I'm not counting this year, but I assume we're still first if u combine four seasons.

The contact is great... the cap will be increased in 9 years. The reason for his under evaluation is MGs disgusting treatment and handling of the situation. Roberto is a top five goaltender.

You'd think a guy who drives a hybrid would be smarter...that's just plain appalling !!!

#152 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Ouch. Guess u think luongo wasn't the reason we won last game.

Its not llike Calgary chose him as the first star or anything lol

He had a very good game which is great for him on a lot of levels but your hero has mediocre stats for the year and last season also. Look at the big picture and compare him to schneids...about .3 goals worse per game.

Edited by smurf47, 12 April 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#153 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

He had a very good game which is great for him on a lot of levels but your hero has mediocre stats for the year and last season also. Look at the big picture and compare him to schneids...about .3 goals worse per game.

Jonathan Bernier is .2 goals per game less than Schneider, guess this means he's a better goalie

you are brutal

Edited by Primus099, 12 April 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#154 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

You'd think a guy who drives a hybrid would be smarter...that's just plain appalling !!!

Ya a guy who drives a car that has toxic batteries that use tons of energy to create and that don't last the life of the vehicle to save about 15-20% in fuel in only city driving is really smart.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#155 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Luongo him self took us to the finals. The fact that he took a lower cap hit to help this city gave us cap space for lappy and higgy at the deadline

Oh and I don't take a bus kid. I drive a hybrid... costs less to drive. Why would I take a bus

Sedins also shouldn't be disregarded as they took a pretty good contract too

If Luongo himself took the Presidents Trophy winners to the SCF as you say he did, it could easily be argued that he himself came within a goal of blowing the whole playoffs in the first round to an 8th place team after having a 3-0 series lead.
Seeing as how Luongo does everything on his own and all, like you seem to believe.

#156 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ouch. Guess u think luongo wasn't the reason we won last game.

Its not llike Calgary chose him as the first star or anything lol

Lou made 40 saves against the MIGHTY CALGARY FLAMES?!?!?!?

Posted Image

PLAN THE PARADE!!!!

Seriously, I still like Lou, but come on. Either goalie should be able to come up with a decent performance against the Flames, they are nearly dead last FFS.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#157 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

what proof do you have that Schneider would have played better?

we smoked them 4-1 with Luongo making 40 saves and people are still starting this crap? lol wow

It was him making the claim in the first place that Schneider wouldn't have played as well as Luo against the powerhouse Flames.

#158 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

So many people on here are clueless. The Vezina trophy is awarded based on votes by NHL GM's; last I checked, could be wrong though, there were just as many GMs in the West as there are in the East. So where is this Eastern bias coming from?

A few people have touched on it, the biggest determinant, aside from being top 3 in each of the major categories, is the number of games played. Bobrovsky, Rask, Niemi, and Lundqvist all have a decided advantage having played 34, 28, 35, and 34 games respectively vs Schneids 25. I don't necessarily agree with Lundqvist on that list but it just goes to show you how much value GP has on this decision.

http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=nhl-search

Tim Thomas won the award one year with 54 games played in a full 82 game season....

The Vezina trophy is really all about the opinion of GMs around the league, the bias falls where ever it falls...

I personally don't care about what Cory gets in the regular season, I want to see how good he is in the playoffs.

It's time...give Cory the reins from Game 1 onward.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#159 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Jonathan Bernier is .2 goals per game less than Schneider, guess this means he's a better goalie

you are brutal

The only reason he's pointing this out is because of some people's undying love for Luongo despite the fact that Schneider has better numbers, is younger,and has a lower cap hit.

I have no problem with Luongo , I only want what is best for this team and that is for Cory Schneider to take his place. He's earned it.

#160 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

The contract is good for us keeping Lu, that is why it was spread out through 12 years to benefit us in a lower cap hit. But it is not a good contract to move to someone else, and becomes a harder trade. So it is good for us, maybe not for trading

^ Smart observation.
Posted Image

#161 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

I don't think a 12 year goalie contract that is difficult to move is in any way a good contract.

#162 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

The only reason he's pointing this out is because of some people's undying love for Luongo despite the fact that Schneider has better numbers, is younger,and has a lower cap hit.

I have no problem with Luongo , I only want what is best for this team and that is for Cory Schneider to take his place. He's earned it.

Lou deserves to be a starting goalie in the NHL. Problem is, I really want to see Schneider this post season, he's been really good and I think we all deserve to see what he can do as the #1 going in.

Louie has been good in some playoff series (SJ, Nashville) but against Chicago and Boston, once they got to him, he couldn't recover. He went from posting shutouts to letting in many goals each game. I would like to see if Schneids has better mental fortitude. The Canucks biggest need in goal is consistency. I would rather have a goalie who lets in 2 goals a game than one who gets a shutout one night and lets in 8 the next.
Posted Image

#163 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Lou made 40 saves against the MIGHTY CALGARY FLAMES?!?!?!?

Posted Image

PLAN THE PARADE!!!!

Seriously, I still like Lou, but come on. Either goalie should be able to come up with a decent performance against the Flames, they are nearly dead last FFS.

lol ok look at the teams we have played recently with Schneider too, crappy offensive teams Phx, Cgy, Edm, SJ, Edm, Col, CBJ, Col, LA, Phx, STL....1 good offensive team SJ, and we lost that one

Edited by cmpunk, 12 April 2013 - 10:02 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#164 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

I agree , if Schneider is mentally tough enough I like our chances.

#165 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

lol ok look at the teams we have played recently with Schneider too, crappy offensive teams

Dude, they were the ones heralding his performance as the greatest thing ever , one which Schneids couldn't possibly match. Don't be silly

#166 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

He's got a real chance this year with King Henrik struggling a bit and Pekka Rinne definitely out of the race. Tuukka Rask will be up there for sure, and guessing Andersson, if the plays the most of the remaining games for Ottawa.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#167 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Bob or Rusk will win the Vezina before Schneider will this season.. Bob is the only reason Columbus is even in a playoff hunt and he have incredible stats to back it up.. Columbus offense/defense <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Vancouver offense/defense.. doesn't matter what way you look at it on paper or on the actual ice. and Rusk stats are superior in all category except shutout which doesn't mean much if u have more shutout but higher gaa lower sv%

#168 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Can't we just say that they both have played great in their recent starts?

This. Please.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#169 Can125

Can125

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Ya he was awesome in that last game against Calgary...What was that 41 saves!! Unreal he was on fire. Not like facing 14 or 15 shots a game and getting called the hero for pulling out a win....oh wait I think I have him mixed up with someone else....

#170 deebow420

deebow420

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

So... Bob = Bobrovsky or does Bob = Luongo

#171 WHFproductions

WHFproductions

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Nope. He's been playing good as of late, but the first half of the season he was decent.

#172 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

So... Bob = Bobrovsky or does Bob = Luongo

Bobrovsky. and he just got even closer to it with another good game and win last night

Edited by Primus099, 14 April 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#173 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Bobrovsky. and he just got even closer to it with another good game and win last night

Yeah i think it is his to lose at this point. He has dragged that sorry team right up into the playoff race on his own. But i believe they must make the playoffs or he is out of the running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.