The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predict how long it will take for all Western Canadian teams to make the play offs together

Here's a thinker, when, if at all do you think we will see all 4 Western Canadian teams in the playoffs together(don't forget Winnipeg will be west next season).

Rationally speaking, while maybe not cup favorites, the Nucks should be in for at least 2-3 more seasons. The Oilers should have matures enough to be in next year, any many more afterwords, especially if they can bring, either threw draft, trade or signing some decent defenders. Winnipeg will likely struggle at first in the tougher Western conference, but there is a lot of young and hidden talent on the team, if Columbus can contend for a spot I don't see why Winnipeg can't either. Calgary, haha, well all they need is some offense, defense, and a Kipper replacement haha. Perhaps they can draft some studs this year and next, make a few good signings and be ready to compete again in3 years, right about the time I predict the Canucks will be dropping off severely.

So to sum it up, I am going to say playoffs 2016 we will see all 4 Western Canadian teams play for the cup.

Take a guess at it ppl

The world is stricken by nuclear war in 2017 and the survivors find refuge in bunkers and underground. Many centuries later, the surviving humans reach the surface and find old video footage of "playoff hockey." In an attempt to create unity among the tribes, the diplomats propose a sporting event called "Stanley Cup Playoff," which features "Canadian" teams from the early 21st century. The Habs win a few championships in this 7 team league and never let anyone forget their dominance - even decades later when they are hardly relevant in the 30 team league.

Jesus. I thought we had enough people like Drew1 and all that creating threads all the time, but apparently we needed another who likes Calgary so much he has to put an exclamation point behind it.

Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary are unlikely to make the playoffs together, since they'll be competing against each other in Conference A. Edmonton is on the upswing, but Calgary is stagnant at best, and Vancouver is on the downswing. I don't think it'll happen any time soon.

Archived