22 replies to this topic

#1 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Couple of realistic moves in my opinion but also bold moves gillis stated that are required without breaking up the core:

1). Luongo and Schroeder to NYI for Okposo.

2). Trade Burrows/Hansen and first round pick to Preds for fourth overall pick. Draft Valeri Nichuskin.

3). Sign Clarkson as UFA 20M for 5 years.

4). Sign MAtt Hendricks as UFA for 2M per year.

Line-up:

Sedin Sedin Clarkson
Booth Kesler Okposo
Nichuskin Gaunce Kassian
Sestito Hendricks Higgins

#2 Assistant GM

Assistant GM

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Great proposal, having players like Clarkson and Okposo alone would be great for the makeup of the Canucks. It would bring toughness to every line.

If they were able to move up in the draft and pick Nichuskin, I would be ecstatic. However, I feel that it is highly unlikely big deals will be made for the top 5 picks. There is just too much emphasis on youth in franchises nowadays.

Even with two of those moves this lineup would do pretty well. MG has said he wants to inject youth into the lineup and the best way to do it is on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Clarkson
Higgins Gaunce Okposo
Sweatt Lain Jensen

#3 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

Great proposal, having players like Clarkson and Okposo alone would be great for the makeup of the Canucks. It would bring toughness to every line.

If they were able to move up in the draft and pick Nichuskin, I would be ecstatic. However, I feel that it is highly unlikely big deals will be made for the top 5 picks. There is just too much emphasis on youth in franchises nowadays.

Even with two of those moves this lineup would do pretty well. MG has said he wants to inject youth into the lineup and the best way to do it is on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Clarkson
Higgins Gaunce Okposo
Sweatt Lain Jensen

Thanks for the in depth and positive response. That doesn't happen too often on CDC as most guys just want to tear ya a new1

#4 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

Okposo's too inconsistent to warrant that much of a return and I'd doubt that we have cap space left, esp. with the defense group that we have now.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#5 jejejester

jejejester

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Clarkson
Higgins Gaunce Okposo
Sweatt Lain Jensen

I think archibald (sp?) could slot in before sweatt, but I haven't really seen enough of either to see who's the better choice, and I think Jensen needs to be put in a 2nd or 3rd line role. He's a goal scorer and will do better if he's put in a position to score. And that top 4 pick would be great, who knows maybe even drouin falls there.

Good change to the team too, might add a bit of a spark.

Edited by jejejester, 04 June 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#6 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Okposo's too inconsistent to warrant that much of a return and I'd doubt that we have cap space left, esp. with the defense group that we have now.

Okposo is a young power forward, he will be a great return for luongo and his contract. Exactly the type of young player we should be targeting. Adds size, grit and can find the back of the net. He's only 24 as well. With the right coach cough Eakins cough he will find the consistency.

#7 bobby loocid dreamer

bobby loocid dreamer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

I think archibald (sp?) could slot in before sweatt, but I haven't really seen enough of either to see who's the better choice, and I think Jensen needs to be put in a 2nd or 3rd line role. He's a goal scorer and will do better if he's put in a position to score. And that top 4 pick would be great, who knows maybe even drouin falls there.

Good change to the team too, might add a bit of a spark.

I saw both Sweatt and Archibald play in the young stars tourney and once in Abby and I would slot Sweatt in ahead. Archibald is extremely slow.
Go Batman!

#8 EbbetFan

EbbetFan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

4M for Clarkson? ummmmmmmm no thanks

#9 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

Oh yeah of course not since he scores, hits, and fights...why would we want to pay 4m for that? I'm guessing you have never seen him play. PS. he will get over 5 million in all reality.

#10 sroutley

sroutley

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

I would be surprised with that deal. Were talking about Gillis. Maybe Luongo and booth for 1st pick of NYI, Nino Niederreiter and Dipeitro. WOuld be nice.

#11 jejejester

jejejester

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

I saw both Sweatt and Archibald play in the young stars tourney and once in Abby and I would slot Sweatt in ahead. Archibald is extremely slow.

Needs to work on his foot speed than if he did a 4th line of

Archibald 6'3 210
Lain 6'6 210
Sestito 6'5 228

Could do some physical damage

#12 Wiznac

Wiznac

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Nice deals but any deal with Loungo going to NYI has Dipeitro coming back and we will get more out of it as well. Like Loungo , 2nd 2014 , for Niederiteir Okaposo, Dipeitro. And while i like the idea of getting the 4th pick and Nichushkin Tampa Bay looks like they might draft him 3rd

#13 Dirtface

Dirtface

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Clarkson is the best player in a really weak ufa class. Someone is gonna offer him a lot more than 4per. I would be willing to bet the devil's have already offered him more than that.
Sweat is not an nhl 4th liner.
Gaunce isn't ready to be the 3rd line center canucks fans want.
Burrows isn't getting traded.

#14 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Nice deals but any deal with Loungo going to NYI has Dipeitro coming back and we will get more out of it as well. Like Loungo , 2nd 2014 , for Niederiteir Okaposo, Dipeitro. And while i like the idea of getting the 4th pick and Nichushkin Tampa Bay looks like they might draft him 3rd

Yeah i tend to agree. But the only thing i worry about is that the aquilini's are dead set against any buyouts so i'm not sure they would go for the dipeitro move. T-bay is talking up Nichuskin but then hey we take Drouin...who aint too shabby.

#15 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,725 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Only like the UFA signings. The trades are pretty bad lol

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

Couple of realistic moves in my opinion but also bold moves gillis stated that are required without breaking up the core:

1). Luongo and Schroeder to NYI for Okposo.

2). Trade Burrows/Hansen and first round pick to Preds for fourth overall pick. Draft Valeri Nichuskin.

3). Sign Clarkson as UFA 20M for 5 years.

4). Sign MAtt Hendricks as UFA for 2M per year.

Line-up:

Sedin Sedin Clarkson
Booth Kesler Okposo
Nichuskin Gaunce Kassian
Sestito Hendricks Higgins

Good proposal but u said Burrows or Hansen traded but neither are in your lineup
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#17 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Oh yeah of course not since he scores, hits, and fights...why would we want to pay 4m for that? I'm guessing you have never seen him play. PS. he will get over 5 million in all reality.

he had one season of over 30 goals and was never that good before that. he might be good but it risky given that we will have to overpay to get him.
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#18 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Good proposal but u said Burrows or Hansen traded but neither are in your lineup

Yeah cause they are traded....???

#19 harmer

harmer

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

edler for erikkson, buyout ballard and booth,  luongo and rodin for weaver and matthias  sign clarkson and ference and huskins resign  alberts and lapierre   trade tanev and shroeder for brower

lines

schneider lack

sedin sedin errickson                                 bieksa hamhuis,
                                                      garrison weaver
                                                        ference corrado  huskins
                                                           alberts                  
alex burrows ryan kesler david clarkson

troy brower shawn matthias chris higgins
jannik hansen max lapierre zack kassian
tom sesito

Edited by harmer, 05 June 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#20 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

We'd happily take him for 4m. He probably wants 5-6m.

#21 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

edler for erikkson, buyout ballard and booth, luongo and rodin for weaver and matthias sign clarkson and ference and huskins resign alberts and lapierre trade tanev and shroeder for brower

lines

schneider lack

sedin sedin errickson bieksa hamhuis,
garrison weaver
ference corrado huskins
alberts

tom sesito

Hard to read, but not bad. Cap?

#22 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

edler for erikkson, buyout ballard and booth,  luongo and rodin for weaver and matthias  sign clarkson and ference and huskins resign  alberts and lapierre   trade tanev and shroeder for brower

lines

schneider lack

sedin sedin errickson                                 bieksa hamhuis,
                                                      garrison weaver
                                                        ference corrado  huskins
                                                           alberts                  

tom sesito

That team would not be any better then current roster. Plus no way does florida do that trade and no way does gillis move edler for erikkson. Also, aquilini's have also stated no buyouts for booth and ballard.

#23 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,725 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

edler for erikkson, buyout ballard and booth, luongo and rodin for weaver and matthias sign clarkson and ference and huskins resign alberts and lapierre trade tanev and shroeder for brower

lines

schneider lack

sedin sedin errickson bieksa hamhuis,
garrison weaver
ference corrado huskins
alberts

tom sesito

:lol: Line up looks good, but everyone is out of placed

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.