The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Realistic re-tool - bigger, stronger, younger

Couple of realistic moves in my opinion but also bold moves gillis stated that are required without breaking up the core:

1). Luongo and Schroeder to NYI for Okposo.

2). Trade Burrows/Hansen and first round pick to Preds for fourth overall pick. Draft Valeri Nichuskin.

3). Sign Clarkson as UFA 20M for 5 years.

4). Sign MAtt Hendricks as UFA for 2M per year.

Line-up:

Sedin Sedin Clarkson

Booth Kesler Okposo

Nichuskin Gaunce Kassian

Sestito Hendricks Higgins

Great proposal, having players like Clarkson and Okposo alone would be great for the makeup of the Canucks. It would bring toughness to every line.

If they were able to move up in the draft and pick Nichuskin, I would be ecstatic. However, I feel that it is highly unlikely big deals will be made for the top 5 picks. There is just too much emphasis on youth in franchises nowadays.

Even with two of those moves this lineup would do pretty well. MG has said he wants to inject youth into the lineup and the best way to do it is on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Clarkson

Higgins Gaunce Okposo

Sweatt Lain Jensen

Great proposal, having players like Clarkson and Okposo alone would be great for the makeup of the Canucks. It would bring toughness to every line.

If they were able to move up in the draft and pick Nichuskin, I would be ecstatic. However, I feel that it is highly unlikely big deals will be made for the top 5 picks. There is just too much emphasis on youth in franchises nowadays.

Even with two of those moves this lineup would do pretty well. MG has said he wants to inject youth into the lineup and the best way to do it is on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Clarkson

Higgins Gaunce Okposo

Sweatt Lain Jensen

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Clarkson

Higgins Gaunce Okposo

Sweatt Lain Jensen

I think archibald (sp?) could slot in before sweatt, but I haven't really seen enough of either to see who's the better choice, and I think Jensen needs to be put in a 2nd or 3rd line role. He's a goal scorer and will do better if he's put in a position to score. And that top 4 pick would be great, who knows maybe even drouin falls there.

Good change to the team too, might add a bit of a spark.

Nice deals but any deal with Loungo going to NYI has Dipeitro coming back and we will get more out of it as well. Like Loungo , 2nd 2014 , for Niederiteir Okaposo, Dipeitro. And while i like the idea of getting the 4th pick and Nichushkin Tampa Bay looks like they might draft him 3rd

Clarkson is the best player in a really weak ufa class. Someone is gonna offer him a lot more than 4per. I would be willing to bet the devil's have already offered him more than that.

Sweat is not an nhl 4th liner.

Gaunce isn't ready to be the 3rd line center canucks fans want.

Burrows isn't getting traded.

Nice deals but any deal with Loungo going to NYI has Dipeitro coming back and we will get more out of it as well. Like Loungo , 2nd 2014 , for Niederiteir Okaposo, Dipeitro. And while i like the idea of getting the 4th pick and Nichushkin Tampa Bay looks like they might draft him 3rd

Couple of realistic moves in my opinion but also bold moves gillis stated that are required without breaking up the core:

1). Luongo and Schroeder to NYI for Okposo.

2). Trade Burrows/Hansen and first round pick to Preds for fourth overall pick. Draft Valeri Nichuskin.

3). Sign Clarkson as UFA 20M for 5 years.

4). Sign MAtt Hendricks as UFA for 2M per year.

Line-up:

Sedin Sedin Clarkson

Booth Kesler Okposo

Nichuskin Gaunce Kassian

Sestito Hendricks Higgins

edler for erikkson, buyout ballard and booth,  luongo and rodin for weaver and matthias  sign clarkson and ference and huskins resign  alberts and lapierre   trade tanev and shroeder for brower

lines

schneider lack

sedin sedin errickson                                 bieksa hamhuis,

garrison weaver

ference corrado  huskins

alberts                  

alex burrows ryan kesler david clarkson

troy brower shawn matthias chris higgins

jannik hansen max lapierre zack kassian

tom sesito

Archived