The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top NBA players of the 2000s #1

people please

Who Number 1  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People like to look at his legacy and conclude to the fact that his longevity is what makes him a top 10 player with his accomplishments without really analyzing how inconsistent he has been with his production his whole entire career.

1. Regular season inefficiency

-never shot 50% during the regular season (let alone even 47%)

-has 25 fifty point games so far in his career and 6 of them were against top 10 defenses. Out of those 6, he has 3 of the WORST 50 point games in terms of efficiency in NBA history

Jan 7, 2006 vs Los Angeles Clippers (#8 rated defense) - 50 points on 41.5% shooting

Dec 15, 2006 vs Houston Rockets (#3 rated defense) - 53 points on 44.7% shooting

Mar 30, 2007 vs Houston Rockets (#3 rated defense) - 53 points on 43.2% shooting

-he is 4th all time in points with 31,617 BUT he is 141 missed shots away from being #1 all time in bricks (Havlicek is #1 with 13,417 missed - Hayes is #2 with 13,296 missed - Kobe is #3 with 13,277). If you count the playoffs as well (which he is #1 in missed shots all time btw) ....Kobe is #1 in NBA history with all time missed shots. Considering he never averaged 50% ONCE in his career...this is huge

-has more games shooting under 42% (480 games) than he has shooting over 50% (473) as of 2013 in the reg season

-has 385 games shooting under 40% in the reg season (meaning Kobe has played 1,239 games so if you do the math, 31% of his regular season games is shooting under 40%)

-has more games shooting less than 50% than he has over....and its by a SIGNIFICANT margin

-shoots his team out of wins when he has 30 or more fga

2. Playoffs/Finals inefficiency

-Starting from 2000 (when Kobe actually developed into an elite player)...he has played in 36 playoff series and only 6 times averaged 50%.....6 out of 36 playoff series averaging 50%

-in game 7's averaged...he is shooting 38.9% on 22.2 ppg

-has been to the finals 7 times (00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 10) and shot less than 50% in 6 of them. Matter of fact...he shot less than his already MEDIOCORE 45% 6 out of those 7 finals series.

2000 finals - shooting 36.7% and getting outplayed by Austin Croshere

2001 finals - shooting 41.5%

2002 finals - shooting 51.4%

2004 finals - shooting 38.1% and getting outplayed by Richard Hamilton

2008 finals - shooting 40.5% and getting outplayed by Paul Pierce

2009 finals - shooting 43.0%

2010 finals - shooting 40.5%

Kobe has been inconsistent his whole entire career and people have the audacity to talk about Kobe vs Jordan or even Kobe vs Lebron...Kobe is one of my fav players and if he is one of yours then that's awesome but subjective emotions shouldn't cloud objective analysis.

Kobe is a top 15 player of all time and a legend but I honestly don't see the case for him being a top 10 player if you break down the facts. Even worse I see Kobe in the top 5 for a lot of lists as well and that shouldn't be the case.

People gotta stop looking at the "accolodes and awards" and start looking at the production behind it

Saw this online and seem interesting Note im not taking credit for this its just a real thought out piece of work and you guys might like

His stats would drop of course. But still it ain't all size man. Give the man credit. He was getting it done from the get go. His first year in the league he was probably 30-50 pounds lighter and he still dominated.

I agree about the Kobe part though.

Well yeah - he has to have some skills, otherwise he'd just be another Big Country... but his shooting % outside the key was horrible and his free throws were a joke...

also, what rule are you talking about that he changed? No Hack-a-Shaq ? hehe

Right.... you really think if Shaq was 6'9 and weighed 240lbs he'd have those same stats? Ming is soft and scrawny.

Look TD is definitely one of my favorite players in the game, and he's definitely more of a leader then Kobe, but the Spurs have a way better team, especially now - they proved over the last few years they are the deepest TEAM in the NBA... Kobe hasn't had role players like (or the total number of them) in a while

its subjective like i said before you can put both of there names in a hat and pick one out you wouldn't be disappointed with the result and we are argue between 2 REAL contenders for the 1st spot so i respect your opinion and i hope you respect mine

People like to look at his legacy and conclude to the fact that his longevity is what makes him a top 10 player with his accomplishments without really analyzing how inconsistent he has been with his production his whole entire career.

1. Regular season inefficiency

-never shot 50% during the regular season (let alone even 47%)

-has 25 fifty point games so far in his career and 6 of them were against top 10 defenses. Out of those 6, he has 3 of the WORST 50 point games in terms of efficiency in NBA history

Jan 7, 2006 vs Los Angeles Clippers (#8 rated defense) - 50 points on 41.5% shooting

Dec 15, 2006 vs Houston Rockets (#3 rated defense) - 53 points on 44.7% shooting

Mar 30, 2007 vs Houston Rockets (#3 rated defense) - 53 points on 43.2% shooting

-he is 4th all time in points with 31,617 BUT he is 141 missed shots away from being #1 all time in bricks (Havlicek is #1 with 13,417 missed - Hayes is #2 with 13,296 missed - Kobe is #3 with 13,277). If you count the playoffs as well (which he is #1 in missed shots all time btw) ....Kobe is #1 in NBA history with all time missed shots. Considering he never averaged 50% ONCE in his career...this is huge

-has more games shooting under 42% (480 games) than he has shooting over 50% (473) as of 2013 in the reg season

-has 385 games shooting under 40% in the reg season (meaning Kobe has played 1,239 games so if you do the math, 31% of his regular season games is shooting under 40%)

-has more games shooting less than 50% than he has over....and its by a SIGNIFICANT margin

-shoots his team out of wins when he has 30 or more fga

2. Playoffs/Finals inefficiency

-Starting from 2000 (when Kobe actually developed into an elite player)...he has played in 36 playoff series and only 6 times averaged 50%.....6 out of 36 playoff series averaging 50%

-in game 7's averaged...he is shooting 38.9% on 22.2 ppg

-has been to the finals 7 times (00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 10) and shot less than 50% in 6 of them. Matter of fact...he shot less than his already MEDIOCORE 45% 6 out of those 7 finals series.

2000 finals - shooting 36.7% and getting outplayed by Austin Croshere

2001 finals - shooting 41.5%

2002 finals - shooting 51.4%

2004 finals - shooting 38.1% and getting outplayed by Richard Hamilton

2008 finals - shooting 40.5% and getting outplayed by Paul Pierce

2009 finals - shooting 43.0%

2010 finals - shooting 40.5%

Kobe has been inconsistent his whole entire career and people have the audacity to talk about Kobe vs Jordan or even Kobe vs Lebron...Kobe is one of my fav players and if he is one of yours then that's awesome but subjective emotions shouldn't cloud objective analysis.

Kobe is a top 15 player of all time and a legend but I honestly don't see the case for him being a top 10 player if you break down the facts. Even worse I see Kobe in the top 5 for a lot of lists as well and that shouldn't be the case.

People gotta stop looking at the "accolodes and awards" and start looking at the production behind it

Saw this online and seem interesting Note im not taking credit for this its just a real thought out piece of work and you guys might like

Yeah I love bringing up his shooting inconsistencies against full on Kobe lovers but that doesn't take away the fact he has 5 rings and has hit some of the most clutch shots in history. Not to mention his footwork has been called the best by Hakeem himself.

I know it sucks but Kobe is a legitimate top 7 player of all time. He never had the teams Magic, Bird or Jordan ever had (in his last 2 rings).

Yeah I love bringing up his shooting inconsistencies against full on Kobe lovers but that doesn't take away the fact he has 5 rings and has hit some of the most clutch shots in history. Not to mention his footwork has been called the best by Hakeem himself.

I know it sucks but Kobe is a legitimate top 7 player of all time. He never had the teams Magic, Bird or Jordan ever had (in his last 2 rings).

Well Duncan is considered the Greatest Power Forward of all time by many people and like you say he carried his team so did Duncan in 2005 sure gino and parker where on his team but the were the stars they are now and honestly i thought the Celtics were robbed but that's just me and like i said before kobes great but i think duncans better

Well Duncan is considered the Greatest Power Forward of all time by many people and like you say he carried his team so did Duncan in 2005 sure gino and parker where on his team but the were the stars they are now and honestly i thought the Celtics were robbed but that's just me and like i said before kobes great but i think duncans better

Yeah the Lakers always get special treatment from the refs haha. Yeah I have Kobe over Duncan but I understand why people would argue Duncan is better.

I'd have Kobe over Duncan as well, but it's close... and Shaq should definitely be up there as well....

Just as long as we can all agree LaBron shouldn't even be in the discussion :P

Lebron didn't win a championship in the last decade so that should be end of discussion.

But I think when it's all said and done, Lebron will be end up higher on the all time list than Duncan and Kobe. (That should start a whole other war lol)

Lebron didn't win a championship in the last decade so that should be end of discussion.

But I think when it's all said and done, Lebron will be end up higher on the all time list than Duncan and Kobe. (That should start a whole other war lol)

errr lol, by last decade you mean single season ?

Archived