The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2015 Draft Eligible] - Gabriel Gagne

Gabriel Gagne possesses the vision, hockey IQ, the hands, the skating, the size - he is the complete package. I love everything that he brings to the table.

Scouts are drooling over his size and skill, as will as his offensive and defensive capabilities. Game-breaking potential to become a well-rounded offensive force at the next level. Active stick and long reach to cause a lot of havoc and problems for opponents. Excellent skater and decent physical game. Whether he is a top-6er is yet to be determined, but scouts have put their money on him being a top-6 forward at the next level.

QMJHL - Victoriaville - #27

Position: C/RW

Shoots: R

Height: 6'5

Weight: 183lbs

Availability: Mid 2nd - Early 4th Rd. // 2015 NHL Entry Draft

Evaluation: Poor man's Malkin in 5+ yrs; Top-6 forward with tremendous offensive potential

See if you can spot him in this highlight package from last night's game:

A tall and lanky center with superb offensive instincts and a good all-around game. Skates very well for his size, and his acceleration is remarkable; his lower body strength generates a lot of power with respect to his mobility. Possesses a quick release on his shot, as well as good hands and stickhandling ability around the net. Has shown some signs of creativity in playmaking, but when he plays his game simply, hard on the forecheck and getting into prime-time scoring areas, he can be a very difficult player to handle for the opposition. Also is very active when in his own end too - uses his long reach to knock pucks off opponents' sticks, and isn't afraid to hound and hit; is then able to quickly take control and move the puck out using his speed. All-in-all, a big-bodied goal-scoring center that has the skill and size to make a difference at both ends of the ice. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

You post about a lot of QMJHL guys - based around here or you just really like prospects from the Q this year?

Hahaha.

It's mostly because I want western Canadian fans to bet to know some of the QMJHL prospects and some of the prospects from toher leagues more intimately. You guys probably know quite a bit about guys from the WHL and can infer about some OHL stuff, but I find that the Q is whhere you probably don't know a whole lot about too many guys.

Please tell me if I should stop.

Hahaha.

It's mostly because I want western Canadian fans to bet to know some of the QMJHL prospects and some of the prospects from toher leagues more intimately. You guys probably know quite a bit about guys from the WHL and can infer about some OHL stuff, but I find that the Q is whhere you probably don't know a whole lot about too many guys.

Please tell me if I should stop.

LOL no I was just wondering

And personally, I actually live in Quebec but I don't really follow the Q that much so it's still interesting to see some Q guys being brought to attention even if I live out here

Archived