The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bouma, Monahan, Gaudreau scratched vs Toronto

HC20.0

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Reggie Leach, who was a fabulous goal scorer and Stanley Cup winner, admitted to being hung over - even drunk - during games.  There is a story (not sure if true) that Rocket Richard was having trouble scoring as a young player, so one of the vets took him out drinking and got him hammered.  The next game the Rocket scored, and the rest is history.  I don't think the guys drinking is an issue at all; it's the being late to practice where there is a problem.

They are professional athletes. They should still learn how to conduct themselves professionally considering their everyday lives are under a microscope with the media following their every move. Especially in a Canadian market. Shame on Monahan, being in the league for a couple of years and knowing this to act out of character

"That’s a mistake that can’t happen again. It’s something we’re just going to build on and learn from." - Sean Monahan

"It’s tough, for sure. We made the mistake and we have to live with the consequences of it." - Lance Bouma

"Learning experience. It’s an eye-opener for me & Sean & Lance. We’re three younger guys. We need to learn from this." - Johnny Gaudreau

Meh. A few youngsters partied a bit too much on Superbowl Sunday...

Hands up everyone who hasn't gotten carried away and had to show up to work hung over the next day.

Good on Hartley for disciplining them, but lets not get carried away with words like "shame"

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meh. A few youngsters partied a bit too much on Superbowl Sunday...

Hands up everyone who hasn't gotten carried away and had to show up to work hung over the next day.

Good on Hartley for disciplining them, but lets not get carried away with words like "shame"

*raises hand*
Might be able to count on one hand the number of times I have even been hungover.

19 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

*raises hand*
Might be able to count on one hand the number of times I have even been hungover.

Good on ya Shifty. 

Personally, I can't claim any such thing. Back in my younger days (before internet and something interesting on TV all the time) I had a name for those days when I'd come in hung over....

...they were called "Mondays"....

Archived