The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5th Overall: CDC 2017 Draft Consensus

5th Overall: CDC 2017 Draft Consensus  

532 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My concern with Makar is he's a high risk pick. Yes he looked great, in the AJHL. What's he going to like when he faces tougher opposition?

Now the BCHL, probably much like the AJHL grooms kids for college. So he's gone for at least 2 years. 

How he does in UMass  will probably give a far better idea of where he will be. My real worry is he'll be a slightly bigger Jordan Subban, great at offence, but 

not so great on defence. 

I hope Jersey uses the first overall pick on him, just leaves better choices for Vancouver. 

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My concern with Makar is he's a high risk pick. Yes he looked great, in the AJHL. What's he going to like when he faces tougher opposition?

Now the BCHL, probably much like the AJHL grooms kids for college. So he's gone for at least 2 years. 

How he does in UMass  will probably give a far better idea of where he will be. My real worry is he'll be a slightly bigger Jordan Subban, great at offence, but 

not so great on defence. 

I hope Jersey uses the first overall pick on him, just leaves better choices for Vancouver. 

the same was said of karlsson and paul coffey. some of the best offensive defensemen are weaker defensively. hard to find d-men who are great at both. 

Archived