The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Predators win series 4-2

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 3   

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Ducks in 4
    • Ducks in 5
    • Ducks in 6
    • Ducks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

The hate towards Kesler is just respect in general, imo it's hard to respect a guy who tries to cheat his way to victory. I've said this before and I'll say it again Kesler is a skilled NHL player, I can't deny that fact, but it's the other aspects of his game that doesn't earn my respect, that could make him a complete player. Just like Brad Marchand, or even Kessel, they're skilled players but it's the other antics they do that lose my respect and I enjoy when they lose and fail. 

As for Bieksa, now I do feel bad for him because this is a heart and soul type player, who I have tons of respect for because he plays the game right, and will always stick up for his teammates no matter what. He doesn't whine or cry or demand anything, he goes out there to play the game tough and right to win for his team all the time.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The hate towards Kesler is just respect in general, imo it's hard to respect a guy who tries to cheat his way to victory. I've said this before and I'll say it again Kesler is a skilled NHL player, I can't deny that fact, but it's the other aspects of his game that doesn't earn my respect, that could make him a complete player. Just like Brad Marchand, or even Kessel, they're skilled players but it's the other antics they do that lose my respect and I enjoy when they lose and fail. 

As for Bieksa, now I do feel bad for him because this is a heart and soul type player, who I have tons of respect for because he plays the game right, and will always stick up for his teammates no matter what. He doesn't whine or cry or demand anything, he goes out there to play the game tough and right to win for his team all the time.

Heard that both Kesler and Bieksa felt this recent loss to Nashville was the most hurtful defeat, even more so than the 2011 Cup final. Sounds like both guys are accepting this year was likely their best and last chance.  Bieksa is probably a buyout, and Kesler is 33 this summer.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard that both Kesler and Bieksa felt this recent loss to Nashville was the most hurtful defeat, even more so than the 2011 Cup final. Sounds like both guys are accepting this year was likely their best and last chance.  Bieksa is probably a buyout, and Kesler is 33 this summer.  

Yeah these comments are interesting tbh, really can't pick a side on the matter, but I believe your right and they really felt this was one of their last good chances of winning it with a good team. I think when they were with Vancouver they really felt they could achieve that again, but obviously it didn't happen, but this time I think they see this team is aging, and the Ducks achieving a long playoff run again isn't something they see probably.

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah these comments are interesting tbh, really can't pick a side on the matter, but I believe your right and they really felt this was one of their last good chances of winning it with a good team. I think when they were with Vancouver they really felt they could achieve that again, but obviously it didn't happen, but this time I think they see this team is aging, and the Ducks achieving a long playoff run again isn't something they see probably.

I wonder if the Duck's players, especially the older guys, are a bit disappointed their GM didn't get them an experienced goalie (Miller?) at the TDL?  

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if the Duck's players, especially the older guys, are a bit disappointed their GM didn't get them an experienced goalie (Miller?) at the TDL?  

I don't know it's hard to say Gibson is a good goalie, but what happened was very unfortunate, I don't think Miller would of made that big of a difference after sitting that long and then finally get a start, I'm sure he would of done better then Bernier because of his experience but still it's tough for any goalie to come in and play lights out in a game like that after not playing for that long.

Archived