so you really think that will happen ?

draft bouchard and plug him right in the line up

and he will simply just succeed ?

no development time required ?

man .. it is well known dmen need development time usually

i mean just look at joulevi

he is following the more normal development path

the expectations on here for dmen are far fetched generally

and when those expectations are not met management is then blamed for drafting errors

and told it should have drafted a new shiny toy forward who is already performing in the nhl

goalies also require development time

demko is getting that right now

generally you cannot bypass that stage for a young player to successfully transition to the nhl

Many of the better NHL dmen can step right into the league.

Just listened to Salo, it sounds like OJ doesn't have a "sliver of a chance" to make the team next year, there was nothing in the interview that even hinted at OJ being able to play in the NHL at all, except "more time". So if he does make the NHL it will not be top 4, at least based upon the less than sparkling recommendation from Salo.

Green will sign with a cup contender most likely.

Guddy will have shoulder surgery.

Bouchard, I like him so far based upon his numbers and his size.

The Nucks could get lucky at the draft, but if they have a top 3 pick, they should go for BPA, one of the two forwards.

To get top D prospects from other teams will cost this team players no one wants to see go or draft picks or some of the prospects, any of these moves can be considered a step backwards. But there just are no other options.

Johanssen for Seth Jones might be the type of deal needed especially if OJ really can't make the show.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

competition in Rathbone's high school is pretty much on par with the BCHL or (at least) the AJHL, where Makar played.  Rathbone will prove to be a more impactful NHL player than Makar.  Rathbone will be a superstar!  The kid is really special.  

I'm glad to see you are so enthusiastic about him, and due to the fact I don't know a heck of a lot about him I'm going to rest on your expertise and be excited as well. We'll see!

Archived