The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I can't wait until I have to start paying all my kids after their ELC's....:shock::wacko:

It’s all about always having a portion of your roster on ELC’s. There is no avoiding paying the market rate for veterans but you can sorround them with inexpensive young players. 

• Cheers 1

Alright, stupid question time from someone who’s never used ELCs in this league.

I currently have $8M committed to ELC slides. If I want to sign Liljegren, Joseph, Foote, Volkov, and Boqvist signed and put o ELCs, how does that work? And how many total can I slide to an ELC with $8M committed? I’m used to FL where we automatically get 3 ELC slots and just name who we want to occupy those spots.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Alright, stupid question time from someone who’s never used ELCs in this league.

I currently have $8M committed to ELC slides. If I want to sign Liljegren, Joseph, Foote, Volkov, and Boqvist signed and put o ELCs, how does that work? And how many total can I slide to an ELC with $8M committed? I’m used to FL where we automatically get 3 ELC slots and just name who we want to occupy those spots.

Thanks!

You can slide up to 8M in cap that is committed to ELC, as long as they fit into this category

7.5 – Player Development

The amount of money invested here determines if a club is eligible to utilize the entry level slide rule, and if so, for how many years. Under the ELC slide provision, a player on an entry level contract can have their contract slide to the following year provided:

- the team had the appropriate investment in their Player Development budget at the time the player signed their contract; and

- the player signed their ELC contract prior to their 21st birthday; and

- the player participated in fewer than 10 NHL games during the course of the first season of their contract.

@canuck2xtreme or @Mike Vanderhoek can confirm - but it's up that $8.0M you have committed there. If you slide them though, you can't take them off that season

4 minutes ago, Squeak said:

You can slide up to 8M in cap that is committed to ELC, as long as they fit into this category

So if I’m reading that right, if I have someone who’s single year salary is $3M, and someone else that is $800k, I’d have $4.2M remaining in salary cap slide room?

33 minutes ago, Squeak said:

@canuck2xtreme or @Mike Vanderhoek can confirm - but it's up that $8.0M you have committed there. If you slide them though, you can't take them off that season

Unless I've missed something Squeak has it correct.

40 minutes ago, Monty said:

So if I’m reading that right, if I have someone who’s single year salary is $3M, and someone else that is $800k, I’d have $4.2M remaining in salary cap slide room?

Yeah - exactly. Closest without going over.

Curt can give the 100% confirmation - but that is my understanding and would make sense based on $ values being allotted to that silo in the front office.

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

Also, @canuck2xtreme

Is there a tiered salary system in place for drafted players? Say, top 3 picks get a certain salary, next 7 get another salary, and etc etc?

Right now there is not.

Could look into that as well as rules for elcs for free agents of different ages ( certain terms etc needing be offered ) too I suppose.

16 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Right now there is not.

Could look into that as well as rules for elcs for free agents of different ages ( certain terms etc needing be offered ) too I suppose.

To me it really doesn’t matter too much, I suppose. I don’t want to cause waves. But could create issues if, say, my 9th overall pick signs for a higher salary than the 8th overall, while the 16th overall signs for higher than the 9th overall.

41 minutes ago, Monty said:

Also, @canuck2xtreme

Is there a tiered salary system in place for drafted players? Say, top 3 picks get a certain salary, next 7 get another salary, and etc etc?

Nothing like this is in place. It’s up to the agents to negotiate a fair deal for each player. If a player is worth the money, I don’t think it should matter if he was drafted 8th or 88th. 

• Like 2