The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, The Big Luongo said:

What we need is fans to have more common sense when it comes to judging our goalies so harshly.

Like seriously how the hell on earth does a fan think that game is on Markstrom when 1 of the goals is a complete fluke off a skate and another is through a maze of players he couldn't see??

Montreal had quite a few Grade A scoring chances and Markstrom stopped all but 1 which was a brain cramp job by Gudbranson and Hutton who should know better than let a forward right past them and wide open like that and 2 goals he pretty much couldn't do anything about that were very fortunate goals for Montreal !

I would think most fans should be smart and observant enough realize that it's brutal injuries, some piss poor bad bad luck, fatigue and bad reffing to go with some average play that's what's really killing this team.

Matter of fact to me the only thing worse than this bad luck we've had is the fans foolish reactions to it all on a game to game basis. Other than a couple minor player moves there's just not a lot that can be done considering a the circumstances. 

I believe 100% this team will get back to playing a brand of winning hockey again it just needs time to get healthy!

This has nothing to do with the fans. it has everything to do with the fact that the Canucks currently employ two 3rd string goalies and are trying to pass them off as a  1 and 2 tandem, have fun in your blue and green filtered glasses. 

9 hours ago, The Big Luongo said:

What we need is fans to have more common sense when it comes to judging our goalies so harshly.

Like seriously how the hell on earth does a fan think that game is on Markstrom when 1 of the goals is a complete fluke off a skate and another is through a maze of players he couldn't see??

Montreal had quite a few Grade A scoring chances and Markstrom stopped all but 1 which was a brain cramp job by Gudbranson and Hutton who should know better than let a forward right past them and wide open like that and 2 goals he pretty much couldn't do anything about that were very fortunate goals for Montreal !

I would think most fans should be smart and observant enough realize that it's brutal injuries, some piss poor bad bad luck, fatigue and bad reffing to go with some average play that's what's really killing this team.

Matter of fact to me the only thing worse than this bad luck we've had is the fans foolish reactions to it all on a game to game basis. Other than a couple minor player moves there's just not a lot that can be done considering a the circumstances. 

I believe 100% this team will get back to playing a brand of winning hockey again it just needs time to get healthy!

Goalie graveyard back? I think the same people dissing our goalies were the ones that chased Luongo away and put the bench warmer for Kincaid on a pedestal. 

5 hours ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

This has nothing to do with the fans. it has everything to do with the fact that the Canucks currently employ two 3rd string goalies and are trying to pass them off as a  1 and 2 tandem, have fun in your blue and green filtered glasses. 

Lol two 3rd string goalies give your hating foolish head a shake.

I watch a lot of hockey and Markstrom is giving us a lot of well played solid games and if he's only 3rd string there must be a lot of 3rd string and worse goalies starting in the league lol.

Check out a lot of the goalies these days there's just not many goalies even the best who are having their struggles and I see a lot of so called great starting goalies playing a lot worse than Markstrom and not making as many Grade A saves a night as he is.

Markstrom has made some real noticable improvements to his game and is giving us great starting goaltending almost every night and maybe some of the best goaltending we've seen in a while.

This team has lot worse problems than Markstrom like staying healthy for once and soft defensive coverage and turnovers by a few players.

9 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Goalie graveyard back? I think the same people dissing our goalies were the ones that chased Luongo away and put the bench warmer for Kincaid on a pedestal. 

I agree and I just don't think most fans realize how bad our injured team is at defending sometimes and there's no goalies these days that can withstand really bad team defense.

What it boils down to is a lot of fans just can't take losing especially like it's been the last few years and goalies take the brunt of the disappointment it's easier to point the finger at them. Personally I think fans that do that with no legit proof are annoying fans behaving like a big whiny babies not getting their own way and it pisses me off.

What I say is grow a damn set and stick with your team the team is decimated with injuries, getting no luck whatsoever and the damn refs are screwing us at the worse times to add salt in the wounds.

I'm so sick of a lot of fans who drama queen everything have no common sense really I wish they'd &^@# off and go cheer for a team that everyone is great all the time and rarely lose.

To me these type of idiot baby fans won't deserve to be a Canucks fan when they become a force again real soon here.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎18 at 2:13 PM, Phat Fingers said:

Other than a few loopsides loses, the team has been in almost every game. Not bad at all.  This team is all compete.  Get a few more bodies back and they will be in he mix again. 

At the worst this team is a bubble team, a dark horse team that other teams can’t just right off. Considering the last few years, that’s one heck of a positive. 

Very possible. let's check back after 40 games. One thing for sure, there will be very few players from this team on the Canucks when they are a contender in a few years. Neither goalies, at most on defenceman and maybe 4 forwards. Some work still to do for JKB but we are on the right track.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:21 PM, coastal1 said:

Very possible. let's check back after 40 games. One thing for sure, there will be very few players from this team on the Canucks when they are a contender in a few years. Neither goalies, at most on defenceman and maybe 4 forwards. Some work still to do for JKB but we are on the right track.

Right on. 

I see a decent forward group group forming around the big three. In terms of production Bo, Brock and EP40 are the nucleus of our top size for the next decade. 

I see JV being a more useful and needed player to find a role in this team.  I like Granlunds versatility, but he could easily be moved.  Gaudette is a solid two way center with upside.  Baer, Goldy etc... hard to say what their future holds on this club. Baer is not doing well, this injury looks a lot worse than initially expected.  Goldy is young and talented but vanishes at times. 

As for rhe defence. The only guys I see on this team in 3-4 years aren’t even on the NHL roster yet. OJ, Hughes and Woo. 

As for everyone else is a question mark. 

Please god, I hope Markstrom and Nilsson are somewhere else. 

Archived