The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

I just got back from the States and we stayed overnight in a hotel that had hbo, and Hard Knocks was on so I watched it. The show is pretty cool and it makes me kind of like the Jets now. I think I have to like them a bit more now since they have 2 of my favorite players in Tomlinson and Cromartie. I do want to watch the rest of the series and see it all unfold.

I just got back from the States and we stayed overnight in a hotel that had hbo, and Hard Knocks was on so I watched it. The show is pretty cool and it makes me kind of like the Jets now. I think I have to like them a bit more now since they have 2 of my favorite players in Tomlinson and Cromartie. I do want to watch the rest of the series and see it all unfold.

Tom Brady on Hard Knocks

HBO's Hard Knocks is off to one of its most entertaining seasons yet. But the show doesn't interest the leader of the Jets' biggest rival to the East.

"You know, I haven't turned it on," Brady said on WEEI this morning, via the Boston Herald. "I hate the Jets. I refuse to support that show. . . . I'm sure it's great TV and I'm glad people are liking it. But that's something I have no interest in watching. I'd love to say a lot of mean things, too, but I'd rather not do that, either."

Because the Jets help to provide a lot of fluffy trash talking posts that don't amount to much, we also wanted to mention Brady's comments on what's changed about the Patriots offense. Brady says the team is going back to basics.

"What we've done is tear down a lot of the stuff we've done," Brady said. "Our basic offense or whatever, whatever number of core plays, that's what we've been doing. Trying to become really good at that before we start branching off. Guys like Randy [Moss], Wes [Welker], they've branched into everything. A lot of the young guys, they don't even know the other two playbooks that we have. They know one. And they're doing that well."

The Patriots will add wrinkles to the offense as they go, but Brady's comments support the notion that they will go back to their traditional two tight end sets a lot more this year.

Archived