The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

Rumors floating around again that Drew had a knee injury earlier in the year.

He played through what ever he had apparently. Not like he's having that bad of a season. 4000 Yards, 31 TDs, 68% Accuracy. Those interceptions are really hurting him and the team.

Week 16:

NEW ORLEANS at ATLANTA (8:30pm ET on ESPN)

CAROLINA 3 PITTSBURGH 27 (Final)

DALLAS 26 ARIZONA 27 (Final)

TENNESSEE 14 KANSAS CITY 34 (Final)

BALTIMORE 20 CLEVELAND 10 (Final)

NEW ENGLAND 34 BUFFALO 3 (Final)

SAN FRANCISCO 17 ST. LOUIS 25 (Final)

DETROIT 34 MIAMI 27 (Final)

WASHINGTON 20 JACKSONVILLE 17 (Final OT)

NY JETS 34 CHICAGO 38 (Final)

HOUSTON 23 DENVER 24 (Final)

INDIANAPOLIS 31 OAKLAND 26 (Final)

SAN DIEGO 20 CINCINNATI 34 (Final)

SEATTLE 15 TAMPA BAY 38 (Final)

NY GIANTS 17 GREEN BAY 45 (Final)

MINNESOTA at PHILADELPHIA (8:00pm ET on NBC)

Standings:

AFC EAST W L T PCT

New England 13 2 0 .867

NY Jets 10 5 0 .667

Miami 7 8 0 .467

Buffalo 4 11 0 .267

AFC NORTH W L T PCT

Pittsburgh 11 4 0 .733

Baltimore 11 4 0 .733

Cleveland 5 10 0 .333

Cincinnati 4 11 0 .267

AFC SOUTH W L T PCT

Indianapolis 9 6 0 .600

Jacksonville 8 7 0 .533

Tennessee 6 9 0 .400

Houston 5 10 0 .333

AFC WEST W L T PCT

Kansas City 10 5 0 .667

San Diego 8 7 0 .533

Oakland 7 8 0 .467

Denver 4 11 0 .267

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFC EAST W L T PCT

Philadelphia 10 4 0 .714

NY Giants 9 6 0 .600

Washington 6 9 0 .400

Dallas 5 10 0 .333

NFC NORTH W L T PCT

Chicago 11 4 0 .733

Green Bay 9 6 0 .600

Minnesota 5 9 0 .357

Detroit 5 10 0 .333

NFC SOUTH W L T PCT

Atlanta 12 2 0 .857

New Orleans 10 4 0 .714

Tampa Bay 9 6 0 .600

Carolina 2 13 0 .133

NFC WEST W L T PCT

St. Louis 7 8 0 .467

Seattle 6 9 0 .400

San Francisco 5 10 0 .333

Arizona 5 10 0 .333

Who Dat!!

Our offense was not good but our defense was. Completely stopped their run game.

Hopefully John Fox takes note and tries to do something with their terrible season. Hopefully Carolina can pull of the major upset and we get home field. Doubtful though.

Anything can happen on any given Sunday though. Remember last season, our undefeated season ended to the Cowboys and the Bucs came into our Dome and upset us. No one would have predicted that one.

lmao failcons fans

In ATL, Vick jerseys outselling Ryan, White and Turner jerseys combined 2 to 1

http://www.11alive.c...66&provider=top

Yes, the Falcons are 12-3 and playing great, but the NFL'smag-glass_10x10.gif biggest story this season has been their former star quarterback.

"[The customers are] looking for #7," says David Klingman, who runs the Pro Image sports store at Discover Mills in Lawrenceville. "It's Vick or nothing."

Klingman has been fresh out of Vick's Eaglesmag-glass_10x10.gif jersey for two weeks.

"We still have Matt Ryan, we still have [Tony] Gonzalez, we still have [Michael] Turner," he says. "Vick? I'm all out. And I'm on two weeks back order."

Klingman says he sells roughly six jerseys a week of Falcon stars Ryan, Turner, and Roddy White. He sells 12 jerseys a week of Vick -- when he has them in stock.

Several other local retailers confirmed similar results.

Is an opposing player really doubling the Falcons in sales in their home city? According to Klingman, "The only thing that even comes close is maybe a couple of years ago with Brett Favre in his prime."

Of course, Vick isn't your normal opponent, having been the Falcons' foundation for several years and gone through a controversial jail sentence and suspension for dogfighting.

That said, these aren't your normal Falcons -- likely Super Bowl contenders who have had the same star players for several years. That is partially why, Klingman says, people aren't stampeding for their jerseys-- they might already own them.

As for Vick, Klingman says, "I think [the fans] remember the good times here. I think there's a lot of support for him because he has, ever since then, cleaned up his act."

And, of course, Vick just happens to be playing at an MVP level. And if none of the previous numbers surprise you, maybe this will: Klingman says he is selling roughly the amount of Vick Eagles jerseys now as he sold Vick Falcons jerseys back when the QB played in Atlanta.

"The fact that they could play Atlanta in the NFC Championship," Klingman says, "makes it that much more exciting."

Hey, Ballard_4, I know how much you like to post basic information that everyone in the thread is already acutely aware of, and I'd hate to take that away form you, but it's really not necessary. We are aware of the score from last week and the standings. And if we do need to look them up, nfl.com isn't too far away.

Hey, Ballard_4, I know how much you like to post basic information that everyone in the thread is already acutely aware of, and I'd hate to take that away form you, but it's really not necessary. We are aware of the score from last week and the standings. And if we do need to look them up, nfl.com isn't too far away.

Seriously everywhere I go ballard_4 is there. I can't get away from him, he just spams up the boards with information that everybody can easily access on other websites.

Also my friend won best seats in the house for the superbowl at a local pub so we get free food and beer and I have holidays after that, should be fun.

Archived