The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox 360 Thread

Venage

Hey, does anyone have the wireless steering wheel for the XBOX?

I was thinking of picking one up for my husband for Christmas. He plays Burnout a lot and I figure it would work well for it. Any feedback anyone?!?!

EDIT: NVM I am a total dolt. He's playing it on PS So, is there a wireless steering wheel for that?

Hey, does anyone have the wireless steering wheel for the XBOX?

I was thinking of picking one up for my husband for Christmas. He plays Burnout a lot and I figure it would work well for it. Any feedback anyone?!?!

EDIT: NVM I am a total dolt. He's playing it on PS So, is there a wireless steering wheel for that?

Im buying an xbox 360 ( finally! )

And have questions.

If I mod it, and it gets 3 rings of death, how do I repair it?

How do I mod it?

How do I avoid 3 rings of death

Is this new "falcon" as good as people say it is.? Will it ever break down

I will put the 360 in a open spot.

Could someone EXPERIENCED (bignickdawg) reply?

Thanks.

Im buying an xbox 360 ( finally! )

And have questions.

If I mod it, and it gets 3 rings of death, how do I repair it?

How do I mod it?

How do I avoid 3 rings of death

Is this new "falcon" as good as people say it is.? Will it ever break down

I will put the 360 in a open spot.

Could someone EXPERIENCED (bignickdawg) reply?

Thanks.

If you're buying an off-the-shelf 360, they will come with lite-on drives, which are NOT moddable. Only a few people in Vancouver do the drive swap technique, where they take a drive that is moddable and swap out your Lite-on with it. The drive-swap will cost you $80 probably.

If you get the 3 red rings of death, you can perform the x-clamp fix on it, which involves taking apart the xbox (which would already be warranty void), removing the clamps that hold both heatsinks on and replacing them with simple washers and bolts. Again, there are some people in the lower mainland that do this (about $30-35)

Avoiding 3 rings of death. Hmm. There's really no definitive answer, it'll come sooner or later, just depends on how "lucky" you are and how you treat your Xbox. Keep it in a cool environment, don't let it sit running for hours on end....you can also do a fan-shroud mod (wouldn't cost you anything, just requires taking apart the xbox) to allow better airflow to the GPU, or you could purchase custom fans that run at a higher voltage to keep it cooler.

All revisions are better than their predecessor (sp?). Falcon isn't RRoD-proof, but it'll sure cut down the chance or the amount of time it'll break down due to the whole system requiring less energy. Then again, there are some launch units out there that still keep on trucking.

Hope this helps.

Archived