The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Last time I check Affliction wasn't UFC. But, whatever. Fedor has not yet proved himself to be best pound for pound fighter in the world maybe if he beats Couture. What if he agreed to drop down to LHW and went to UFC and fought Anderson Silva(he goes up to LHW again)? That would be amazing.

what does fedor have to prove? he would kill couture. I thought anderson silva was pound for pound the best fighter in the world, but i change my mind when i saw fedor fight tonight and destroy sylvia with ease. Im a UFC nutt hugger, but even i can give major props to Fedor. Wow i can now tell people i saw Fedor fight in person.

what does fedor have to prove? he would kill couture. I thought anderson silva was pound for pound the best fighter in the world, but i change my mind when i saw fedor fight tonight and destroy sylvia with ease. Im a UFC nutt hugger, but even i can give major props to Fedor. Wow i can now tell people i saw Fedor fight in person.

Dude, Sylvia is terrible. One of the worst fighters in MMA, by far. He's just big, that's all he has going for him.

Silva's knockout was nicer than Fedor's :P.

Dude, Sylvia is terrible. One of the worst fighters in MMA, by far. He's just big, that's all he has going for him.

Silva's knockout was nicer than Fedor's :P.

lol sylvia is a tougher opponent than irvin. Fedor had a better opponent and was more impressive. I hate Tim Sylvia with a passion and think he sucks, but i was there live at UFC 59 when he beat Arlovski.

lol sylvia is a tougher opponent than irvin. Fedor had a better opponent and was more impressive. I hate Tim Sylvia with a passion and think he sucks, but i was there live at UFC 59 when he beat Arlovski.

Silva went UP a friggen weight class to fight a guy that was on a hot streak. Fedor beat that sloppy punching bag Sylvia, everyone knew he was going to kick his donkey.

Silva's knockout was nicer than Fedor's :P .

You're an idiot

Tim Sylvia is a former 2 time UFC heavyweight champion of the world, he has a very impressive resume

Fedor easily destroyed him in just 36 seconds

Silva's win was nice too.....but Irvin is a mediocre fighter

Fedor's 36 second destruction of The Giant Sylvia is way more impressive

Edited by Hordichuk22

You're an idiot

Tim Sylvia is a former 2 time UFC heavyweight champion of the world, he has a very impressive resume

Wrong. Irvin is in his prime, on a hot streak and underrated. Sylvia was a 2x champ but, he is washed up,slow and out of shape. You can't compared Silva and Fedor until one of them lose or until they fight each other.

Edited by MichaelGrabner17

You're an idiot

Read who Sylvia ???? beat. The heavyweight division in the UFC has always been a joke, especially when Sylvia was the champion. It had the worst crop of fighters in the UFC by far, maybe even in all of MMA. Dana White couldn't wait to get someone decent into the HW division to kick Tim Sylvia's flabby donkey.

So I just finished watching the UFC show....

JT vs CB = Yawn

Johnson vs Burns was one of the worst decisions in UFC history. How do you even consider giving Burns that win?

Valesquez vs O'Brien I really enjoyed. Great control by Caine to just beat the crap outta O'Brien. Nice job.

Frankie Edgar was sick tonight. Just outclassed Franca with ease. I'd like to see him get a nice push soon.

Vera vs Andy was terrible. This Andy guy didn't even look like he should be there. And Vera's a chump. An overcocky, boring fighter IMO.

ANDERRRRRRRSON SIIIIIILVA....... wow! What a move. Grabs the leg and says.... "GOOD NIGHT!!" Awesome knockout!

My fave though, Rory Markham's knockout over Brodie Farber!! What a kick. Barber went completely stiff!!

This is how bad arse Fedor is. They showed him playing cards on the jumbotron 30 mins before his fight while sylvia was still sparing. Unfortunately none of you were at the fight and so you didn't witness how in awe me and the rest of the 14,000 ppl in attendance were of Fedor. Hands down he got the loudest ovation for a fighter in the 4 mma events ive attended at the Honda Center.

Managed to catch the last 2hrs and 20mins of the UFC. Wow, I did not expect to see Irvin go down that easily. It looked like he was a little gun shy, and that knockout was insane. His feet weren't planted, one arm is holding a leg so he can't really shift his hips in to it...just poked him with his free hand and boom he went down.

At this point I want to see Anderson lose...but damn he is scary.

Missed the CB/JT Money( :rolleyes: ) fight but disappointed that CB won. What an donkey clown :P

Edgar is just getting better and better. Total work horse, great boxing for a MMA guy, slick wrestling counters. I hope to see him contend for the title soon.

Gonna download the Credeur fight today, he was one of my favorites on the show so was very glad to hear of his victory.

This is how bad arse Fedor is. They showed him playing cards on the jumbotron 30 mins before his fight while sylvia was still sparing. Unfortunately none of you were at the fight and so you didn't witness how in awe me and the rest of the 14,000 ppl in attendance were of Fedor. Hands down he got the loudest ovation for a fighter in the 4 mma events ive attended at the Honda Center.

I just downloaded the single fight, have to agree...the man is a beast :) I would loooove to see Fedor and Randy fight in a cage. Two crafty "old" bastards with no ropes to slip out of...that would be awesome :)

yea, ufc are scumbags for doing a show on the affliction debut.

their clearly an inferior product that is afraid of competition, hopefully all the good fighters end up going to affliction and they do a show from MSG new york, with emelianenko/couture.

I fail to see how the UFC is an inferior product. Affliction had a great debut show, with some serious fighters on the card but the production was ????e in comparison to the UFC, and they don't have anywhere near the depth in their stable that the UFC possesses. I think it's great that we fans finally have some competition to force all promotions to start raising their game some.

If Affliction really wants to compete they are going to have to sink some more of their money in to production value, and hopefully switch to a cage to protect fighters and encourage more technical clinch battles and ring/octagon control.

And the UFC at some point is going to have to start treating their fighters a little better, and making some basic concessions to get big name guys from overseas to sign up.

It's a win win situation for us fans IMO.

As for putting on a free fight at the same time as Affliction's debut...that's just business. If you own a store and your competitors across town have a big sale, you put one on yourself to match it and retain customers. You think a business is going to sit back while someone tries to lure away their fan base? Give your head a shake :P