The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

slice vs shamrock?????

madness

Kimbo is their only real name, and EliteXC is having money trouble, cancelling their non-televised show. Too bad affliction didn't have EliteXC's TV deal with CBS, cause they would/could then take on UFC. Allfictions roster with elites CBS deal would be great.

I REALLY hope Kimbe loses, ending the hype for this guy.

It looks pretty offical, BJ Penn gets his wishes once again. January 31, he gets to fight GSP

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2008/08/21/gsp_penn/

Awesome! This will be a fight for the ages. Despite what every GSP fan boy here thinks, this wont be a walk for Georges. BJ gave him a hell of a run before, and I can't see why he wont again.

It's too early to really say (8 months till the fight, that's far too long to wait), but at this point I say Georges by Unanimous decision.

Awesome! This will be a fight for the ages. Despite what every GSP fan boy here thinks, this wont be a walk for Georges. BJ gave him a hell of a run before, and I can't see why he wont again.

It's too early to really say (8 months till the fight, that's far too long to wait), but at this point I say Georges by Unanimous decision.

Well both fighters aren't what they were when they first fought. Both have gotten bigger, better, faster, stronger. I don't know if Penn can hang with GSP now ? The way GSP has walked through his last 4 fights is crazy dominance. I think it will be a 2nd or 3rd round tap-out of Penn. GSP will remain the champ

Edited by Pavel1994

Well both fighters aren't what they were when they first fought. Both have gotten bigger, better, faster, stronger. I don't know if Penn can hang with GSP now ? The way GSP has walked through his last 4 fights is crazy dominance. I think it will be a 2nd or 3rd round tap-out of Penn. GSP will remain the champ

I wouldn't call the Fitch and Koscheck fights "crazy" dominance. Especially the Koscheck fight. You're right, both fighters have gotten better since they faught in 06, so it really is tough to call. I don't know that GSP wins this fight by submission. BJ is too good at BJJ. I can see a 4th or 5th round KO, or a decision.

I wouldn't call the Fitch and Koscheck fights "crazy" dominance. Especially the Koscheck fight. You're right, both fighters have gotten better since they faught in 06, so it really is tough to call. I don't know that GSP wins this fight by submission. BJ is too good at BJJ. I can see a 4th or 5th round KO, or a decision.

Yes I did see the fights. GSP dominated Fitch every round. GSP beat Koscheck at his own game of wrestling. To me both = dominance

Awwwww..... poor Rampage. He doesn't respect Forrest anymore:

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news...icle.php?id=968

What a joke. He shouldn't be talking about respect to anyone, since he went cuckoo last month. Sour grapes much??

Wow, well that was over the top. It's one thing to say you want a rematch because you were unhappy with the judging, but that rambled nonsense sounded like Princess BJ.

Kimbo is so garbage.

All he does is fight wannabe scrubs and post the beatdowns on the internet.

When it comes down to it, he's just a big guy that can punch.

Look, Gannon kicked the crap 'outta Kimbo during their "street fight", nonetheless it had no street fight rules.

It was basically a "Kimbo Fight Rules". No kneeing, headlocks, ect. for Gannon, yet Kimbo can choke him with his freakin' hands....wtf?

Oh yeah, and his posy stepped in whenever he was losing.

With that being said, Gannon smacked the shizzle out of Kimbo's nizzle.

And when Gannon fought an unknown in the UFC, well Gannon got his donkey handed to him.

This all adds up to my point: Kimbo will never be in the UFC nor is he even at the level of their weakest fighters.

The whole MMA word knows this; why the hell else do you think he could only get a contract in the EliteX.

All he does is fight trash and makes his record look good.

Kimbo versus Shamrock now? Hah!

Yes Kimbo, lets fight someone 10 years old than you, 40 pounds lighter, and 3 inches shorter.

Oh yeah, and he's also loss 5 straight fights - 7 of his last 8.

Your really proving to the world that you can fight with the best of them. /sarcasm>

What a sorry excuse for a MMA fighter. Nothing but a thug.

Kimbo probably would have done alright against the cruder fighters of the UFC's earlier days, not championship material by any means but I think he would have held his own. Ain't no way he gets into contention now though at age 34 and just getting into training and conditioning.

Yes I did see the fights. GSP dominated Fitch every round. GSP beat Koscheck at his own game of wrestling. To me both = dominance

I was more or less, needlessly picking on your use of the word crazy, added to the word dominance. You've got to hand it to Fitch, he did put up a hell of a fight. He's got a ton of heart. A lesser man would have been knocked out in round 2. As for the Koscheck fight, if I remember correctly, two of the judges scored the fight 29-28. Not really what I call dominance. 'Crazy' dominance is what Anderson Silva does. 7 victories in the UFC, all by ko or submission.

Edited by Oranje_1986

What a sorry excuse for a MMA fighter. Nothing but a thug.

That's pretty much it. He's not a MMA fighter at all really, just fights in a MMA organization. He's just a bar brawler type fighter. He'd get more respect in WWE.

I was more or less, needlessly picking on your use of the word crazy, added to the word dominance. You've got to hand it to Fitch, he did put up a hell of a fight. He's got a ton of heart. A lesser man would have been knocked out in round 2. As for the Koscheck fight, if I remember correctly, two of the judges scored the fight 29-28. Not really what I call dominance. 'Crazy' dominance is what Anderson Silva does. 7 victories in the UFC, all by ko or submission.

Ok granted if the word "crazy" bothers you that much take it out.

Other than Franklin, who has Silva beat worth mentioning in the UFC ?

Ok granted if the word "crazy" bothers you that much take it out.

Other than Franklin, who has Silva beat worth mentioning in the UFC ?

Dan Henderson is definately worth mentioning.

Nate Marquardt

Travis Lutter

James Irvin (who he went up to 205 to fight)

And when it comes to Franklin, Silva dominated the worlds 2nd or 3rd top middleweight, 3 bloody times.

Nate Marquardt

Travis Lutter

And when it comes to Franklin, Silva dominated the worlds 2nd or 3rd top middleweight, 3 bloody times.

Lutter and Irvin??? Ugh.

;)

Either way, we know that GSP/BJ is good to go. No sense arguing about it any more. Might as well sit back and enjoy the hype that builds up until then.

And yes, Fitch is tough as nails. He got destroyed for five rounds and NEVER gave up.

Nate Marquardt

Travis Lutter

Henderson is at best was on the down swing of his career when he fought Silva. Had this fight happened 4 years ago, yeah maybe it might have been something.

Nate Marquardt is an average fighter

Travis Lutter is a bum

James Irvin is average also. Sure Silva jumped weight classes, but remember Silva walks around normal at 200 - 210, and cuts weight to make it to 185.

Henderson is at best was on the down swing of his career when he fought Silva. Had this fight happened 4 years ago, yeah maybe it might have been something.

Nate Marquardt is an average fighter

Travis Lutter is a bum

James Irvin is average also. Sure Silva jumped weight classes, but remember Silva walks around normal at 200 - 210, and cuts weight to make it to 185.

I think he walks around at 260 most of the time.

I don't think so. That would be waaaay too much to cut for him to fight at 185 all the time. I believe during the fight against Irvin, Rogan said Silva walks around the 200 - 210 range.

Right my bad, 230'ish. Not sure where I got 260 from :P

A recent interview with Anderson Silva: http://portaldovaletudo.uol.com.br/site/interna.php?id=2103

Some dude on an MMA site translated this. Anderson Silva said he walks around at 105kg (231.5lbs).

That's pretty much it. He's not a MMA fighter at all really, just fights in a MMA organization. He's just a bar brawler type fighter. He'd get more respect in WWE.

Brawler? His hand game is far better than most MMAers, he just needs to learn about grappling and takedowns. Basically he's the reverse of most MMA fighters when it comes to skillset.