The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

That performance by Silva, will just show that GSP would beat the Spider any day of the week. GSP's got world class wrestling, and if he cant take down him down he can stand and bang with the spider something of which Sonnen really couldn't do. But for now i want a rematch!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I would still favor GSP in that fight. I doubt he's getting submitted. Would be more give-and-take than with Sonnen, though.

I used to think GSP vs Silva was a stupid fight since GSP is just too small physically. Silva should really be a LHW (would still need to cut weight) and GSP wouldn't even need to cut weight to fight at Middleweight. However, watching Silva these last few fights, I think GSP would have a chance.

That said, I think Belfort will KO Silva, as he has quicker hands and more power then Sonnen.

Edited by Gnickers87

That performance by Silva, will just show that GSP would beat the Spider any day of the week. GSP's got world class wrestling, and if he cant take down him down he can stand and bang with the spider something of which Sonnen really couldn't do. But for now i want a rematch!!!!!!!

GSP is the King of Take-downs, since he'll be putting more weight on I'd expect his lower body strength to be off the charts.

But Silva's length might be GSP's undoing.

Pretty funny that Goldberg said Silva was "still the best fighter on the planet" after the fight. Yes, Silva won, but he was dominated the whole fight and was able to capitalize on the fact Sonnen can't really KO people, usually winning his fights by decisions. It was a great move by Silva at the end, but if Sonnen was able to land punches like that, imagine what Belfort can do.

GSP is the King of Take-downs, since he'll be putting more weight on I'd expect his lower body strength to be off the charts.

But Silva's length might be GSP's undoing.

It would come down to whether GSP can get inside Silva's reach, taking a page out of the Mike Tyson book of Boxing. GSP is still lightning quick and at 35 Silva looks to have slowed down. If GSP is too quick for Silva, he could win.