The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

I guess this is basically the only opportunity that Albertans, Saskatchewans, Manitobans, etc. can say they are better than us.

Have fun guys. Enjoy it.

"You may live in the most beautiful city in the world BUT we can drive in snow!" So there.

Nobody from Alberta, land of the red plate of death, should brag about their driving ability.

Sure they can drive in the snow, provided it is free of corners. I HATE Alberta drivers. Anything they accomplish in the winter is eliminated by their incompetance in the summer. My favorite is how after slowing to 50km/h though a curvy section of highway they boost it to 120km/h or more on the straight stretches (I presume to save time) but at the same time making it impossible to pass them!

Nobody from Alberta, land of the red plate of death, should brag about their driving ability.

Sure they can drive in the snow, provided it is free of corners. I HATE Alberta drivers. Anything they accomplish in the winter is eliminated by their incompetance in the summer. My favorite is how after slowing to 50km/h though a curvy section of highway they boost it to 120km/h or more on the straight stretches (I presume to save time) but at the same time making it impossible to pass them!

What? Compared to most lower mainland drivers, most Alberta drivers are much much better in winter, hell maybe even summer!

Not only do most of us know how to drive in the snow/ice most have basic driving skills.

Face it - one of the most frustrating things about visiting/living in the GVRD is driving.

Really it just comes down to experiance and well Alberta, if you haven't noticed, gets a lot of snow/crap driving weather.

Good luck. What lovely weather to drive in.

Why not? I'd rather learn how to drive in the worst conditions then not have a clue what to do when it happens.

If you can drive in this you can pretty much drive in anything.

Too many people are on the road that have never driven in this weather and they don't have a clue.

No, pressing you brake while sliding on ice will not make you stop.

Yes, you have to change your driving habits for this weather.

Give yourself more time and space? Yup it works!

Holding down the gas will only make your tires spin faster, but sure go ahead keep on doing it!

How many drivers actually brake test the road conditions before you have to stop at that red light that you approaching a little too fast?

Hey - it sure makes driving exciting tho eh?

Oh - don't forget about the fish tails (just not into a parked car lol)

Why not? I'd rather learn how to drive in the worst conditions then not have a clue what to do when it happens.

If you can drive in this you can pretty much drive in anything.

Too many people are on the road that have never driven in this weather and they don't have a clue.

No, pressing you brake while sliding on ice will not make you stop.

Yes, you have to change your driving habits for this weather.

Give yourself more time and space? Yup it works!

Holding down the gas will only make your tires spin faster, but sure go ahead keep on doing it!

How many drivers actually brake test the road conditions before you have to stop at that red light that you approaching a little too fast?

Hey - it sure makes driving exciting tho eh?

Oh - don't forget about the fish tails (just not into a parked car lol)

Well, I don't know. Possibly because instead of properly "learning," he's taking a test. And people learn best when they're nervous, right?

Well, I don't know. Possibly because instead of properly "learning," he's taking a test. And people learn best when they're nervous, right?

Ahhh so only do the test when the weather is perfect, I get ya.

Maybe his parents should have taken him out to practice in this weather?

I wish people in this world would embrace challenges and take them head on instead of making excuses.