The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

People here get way too giddy and excited when it snows. Ok, you can shovel your drive way, but why do it 10+ times a day? Why clear your balcony 8 times a day? Why even go out? Some people have nothing to do and feel as if they constantly needa shovel their balcony...Just frack off and relax or sleep in....frack.

People here get way too giddy and excited when it snows. Ok, you can shovel your drive way, but why do it 10+ times a day? Why clear your balcony 8 times a day? Why even go out? Some people have nothing to do and feel as if they constantly needa shovel their balcony...Just frack off and relax or sleep in....frack.

Wow. Some people have jobs, you know? That means they need to shovel their driveways to get OUT.

Anyways, still snowing in North Delta.

When you have to work or go somewhere with your car it's pretty damn difficult if you haven't shoveled your driveway. It's also harder to shovel said driveway if you have triple the amount of snow. It's called general maintainence.

Are you guys serious? We only got 20-30 cm today...Does it really make a difference whether you shovel 3-5 cm vs 10cm? Gimme a break....people in Calgary and every other sane city just wait till the next morning and besides...who shovels snow off their balcony? Is there a need to do that early in the damn morning? This place is screwed up...

Are you guys serious? We only got 20-30 cm today...Does it really make a difference whether you shovel 3-5 cm vs 10cm? Gimme a break....people in Calgary and every other sane city just wait till the next morning and besides...who shovels snow off their balcony? Is there a need to do that early in the damn morning? This place is screwed up...

I know it must be difficult to fathom now that your high school is out for christmas break, but people need to go to work in the MORNING, which is why the driveway needs to be shoveled at that time. My mother was born and raised in Alberta and she has learned over the years that it's easier to stay on top of upkeep because in the end it's less strenuous on the body and less time consuming. Also as a person who has tedonitis in my elbow and shoulder it's much easier to shovel a driveway with 3-5 cm twice than 10cm once.

This city sucks when it comes to SNOW :angry:

They can even clear the main streets, so unless you can avoid the bad drivers out there and know what you are doing (in terms of driving in the snow), you are fracked.

I was driving on Kingsway on a pile of snow and mush, and there isn't even one plow truck that will clear the streets. Why can't they just put salt and sand on the main streets so people who don't have a truck, could be able to get somewhere. What are we paying high taxes for, when it feels like a 3rd world country.

Lol. I drive a firefly and I get around no problem. It's not the car, it's the driver (or lack thereof) and how they drive. My firefly was driving unplowed streets and parking lots at 1 oclock last night. It was fine. Just learn how to drive.