The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

^ yeah last year I tried to take transit up to SFU, but they cancelled all the buses to there, so I was forced to drive because I had a test that day, but as soon as I got up there, I found out they closed SFU. I was not amused....

Just by looking at the picture you posted, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled/postponed the exams for today.

Hahahaha, Vancouverites are so funny. A little bit of white stuff and the whole damn city shuts down, LOL.

I'm in Alberta and we have had snow for three weeks. There is 3 feet of it on the ground right now, and I have forgotten what grass looks like.

Oh and our high for tomorrow, -28...welcome to my world, :P

Hahahaha, Vancouverites are so funny. A little bit of white stuff and the whole damn city shuts down, LOL.

I'm in Alberta and we have had snow for three weeks. There is 3 feet of it on the ground right now, and I have forgotten what grass looks like.

cookie4_640.jpg

Thats great, we also have this issue called going up a hill... And our snow is not dry like yours, until you drive in Vancouver snow, dont even start to talk about the drivers out here, mmm, kay. Also alot of idiots dont put Snow tires on, they think All Season will do the trick, lol.

Thats great, we also have this issue called going up a hill... And our snow is not dry like yours, until you drive in Vancouver snow, dont even start to talk about the drivers out here, mmm, kay. Also alot of idiots dont put Snow tires on, they think All Season will do the trick, lol.

Vancouver snow is way easier to drive in than Alberta snow, I've driven in both for many years.

Snow in Vancouver is slushy, in Alberta it packs on the road, it also turns into ice after a warm day.

It's not the snow out here it's the retarded drivers that can't even drive properly in the middle of summer.

I've driven in both, but thanks for coming out, :P

One advantage Alberta does have, the snow doesn't turn into slush like Vancouver's...which can get pretty sloppy and slippery.

Very odd...

I left upper north van about 30 minutes ago and it was raining up there...

Now i'm near East Van and it's crazy snowing.

:unsure:

What is this opposite day?

And yes, people in Vancouver drive like freakin idiots in this weather. Someone in a brand new SUV was going just a hair over 60 KM/H on the highway in the fast lane causing all kinds of havoc (soccer mom i'm guessing).

If you don't know how to drive stay off the damn roads.