The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The MLB thread

Gretzky's Mullet

Hank Steinbrenner talking about the Red Sox:

Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of [expletive] that is ... This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order.

Wow. Hank Steinbrenner's a tit for saying that.

But to a certain degree, I actually concur. I've never seen so many bandwagoners in my life as I do now with all these so-called Red Sox fans. Even some of my buddies who hate baseball like them. It's f'd up.

And I'm sorry Sox lovers, as much as I hate the Yankees too, the Sox do not even come CLOSE in terms of success when compared against the Skanks. Two titles in four years is nothing compared to what the Yankees have done throughout their history.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand..... Go M's!

Yeah I was joking about the Cubs, though I don't think it would be a huge shock if they came out of the NL.

As for payrolls, I was going off last years, this years likely won't be online anywhere till closer to the end of the season. I read a couple articles that had the Mariners at 5 and another that had them at 6. Regardless, they are up there along with the Mets, Yanks, Cubs, Dodgers, Angels, BoSox.

As for April 21st, you should hope that Zambrano(Who I predict will win 50 games) isn't pitching.

You're absolutely right about the Mariners though. Their payroll is a little out of hand in my opinion, owing in no small part to Bavasi's largesse towards useless free agent players (cough***Sexson***cough). However, last year it actually produced a pretty decent team, which hopefully can improve on that this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aj36...p&type=lgns

Bobby Crosby (Oakland SS) pulled from game due to back spasms. I only post it because I'm continually amazed by how injury-prone this guy is. Between him and Rich Harden, I wonder if Billy Beane can ever expect a full season of play without something happening.

I never counted RBIs when I played.

Rather I think they should calculate RBI %. Your % of runners on third brought in, your % of runners on second brought in, and % of runners brought in. Then average out that total.

So basically if you go up with bases loaded and hit a sac fly:

Runners on third 1/1

Runners in scoring position 1/2

Runners 1/4

Total = .361

Or if you hit a base hit with a runner on second

Runners on third 0/0

Runners in scoring position 1/1

Runners 1/2

Total = .750

Food for thought.

Archived