The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

Opening day of the Canada Line.....that's right, Chinese represent!

1387364425_cfe81f81d2.jpg

1070199039_09c584a89d.jpg

1073444384_8b23e6936b.jpg

1077656398_cb37007910.jpg

Of course, these are pics from the MTR...what it's like to ride the train on a normal day in Hong Kong.

I lied. Everyone's rushing home before the typhoon makes landfall.

let's see....Central, Central, Admiralty, Central/HK.

Yeah, WIN.

After what happened on the Golden Ears Bridge on opening day, I do hope they'll deploy all 20 trains and all of their staff on that day...even if it's only going to be open from 1 pm to 9 pm.

August 17th is a Monday. Awesome!

free rides ohh man stay away on opening day

It probably wont be THAT bad since a lot of people have your mindset. People aren't going to go because it's free, they are going because it's opening day. But again, most people will avoid it because they asume it may be too busy.

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

-Yogi Berra

Edited by Lager Hog

It probably wont be THAT bad since a lot of people have your mindset. People aren't going to go because it's free, they are going because it's opening day. But again, most people will avoid it because they asume it may be too busy.

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

-Yogi Berra

Sorta why there's less car traffic on the Burrard Street Bridge, everyone thinks it's going to be congested and has decided to use alternate routes.

Sorta why there's less car traffic on the Burrard Street Bridge, everyone thinks it's going to be congested and has decided to use alternate routes.

Yet cycling is up and those other bridges haven't decended into chaos :)

I know, I know, wait til September....

After what happened on the Golden Ears Bridge on opening day, I do hope they'll deploy all 20 trains and all of their staff on that day...even if it's only going to be open from 1 pm to 9 pm.

Oh, 1pm... Okay, FML x2 then... by 1pm, I'll likely be over the Pacific Ocean somewhere.

http://vancouver.ca/projects/burrard/statistics.htm

July 4-10 (pre trial) numbers lower than July 13-26 on average yet all of July is in the summer! :o

Summer as in overall ideal cycling conditions. We had a few days of rain the week before they converted the bridge to bike lanes. My whole point was to compare summer vs. winter cycling numbers. Come winter, with cold, rain, fog, and snow few would want to ride their bike....making that lane absolutely useless, when the seasonal cyclists put their bikes away and add more volume to the roads by driving their cars or taking transit. The lane only serves to hurt transit service.

Edited by nitronuts