The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

More trains? Isn't the system capped out at whatever we got (as in brighouse and YVR can't handle an increased frequency)?

Certainly not the case.

The single-tracking at Brighouse and YVR can handle frequencies of every 4-minutes, currently frequencies are 7-8 minutes. They could probably fit in another 20-25 trains, excluding the future third 15-metre car for every train.

Certainly not the case.

The single-tracking at Brighouse and YVR can handle frequencies of every 4-minutes, currently frequencies are 7-8 minutes. They could probably fit in another 20-25 trains, excluding the future third 15-metre car for every train.

Wait...7-8 minutes even at peak hours per branch?

Well, THIS is ironic.

I left on the day that the Canada Line opened, and finally arrived here in Seoul-Incheon airport about 30 minutes ago, and guess what they used for the shuttle train from the terminal to customs and immigration?

That's right. Almost the exact same train model as the Canada Line's. Even the interiors were almost identical (except the lack of seats to make room for luggage).

Rotem pride FTW.

Edited by BuckyHermit

Well, THIS is ironic.

I left on the day that the Canada Line opened, and finally arrived here in Seoul-Incheon airport about 30 minutes ago, and guess what they used for the shuttle train from the terminal to customs and immigration?

That's right. Almost the exact same train model as the Canada Line's. Even the interiors were almost identical (except the lack of seats to make room for luggage).

Rotem pride FTW.

LOL, didn't i tell you that would happen?

Wait, they used our train for just an airport people mover yet we had the guts to make our airport people mover the largest airport people mover in the world (by extending the system outside of the airport)? lol, i wouldn't be surprised if some people thought it was just for the airport when they emerge out of the terminal seeing how monorail-like the system is.

LOL, didn't i tell you that would happen?

Wait, they used our train for just an airport people mover yet we had the guts to make our airport people mover the largest airport people mover in the world (by extending the system outside of the airport)? lol, i wouldn't be surprised if some people thought it was just for the airport when they emerge out of the terminal seeing how monorail-like the system is.

Well, that shuttle train isn't even part of their subway. It's just a little terminal-to-terminal shuttle train.

The tunnel looked exactly like the cut-and-cover portions of Cambie.

Day Two brings lighter traffic to Canada Line

By Kelly Sinoski, Vancouver Sun

August 18, 2009 12:01 PM

METRO VANCOUVER - Traffic is considerably lighter on the new Canada Line this morning.

TransLink spokesman Drew Snider said he's still waiting for statistics from the morning rush hour but there were far fewer commuters riding the new line between downtown Vancouver and Richmond than on opening day Monday, when 85,000 boardings were recorded.

The drop in passengers is partly because passengers now have to pay the two-zone fare — $3.75 per single trip. Snider said many people are also likely still taking their express buses, including the 98 B-Line between Vancouver and Richmond and those coming from White Rock and Delta.

The 98 B-Line will be cancelled and the other long-haul buses will be rerouted to Bridgeport Station on Sept. 7 as TransLink aims to funnel more people onto the Canada Line.

"We don't expect it to really ramp up until after we get the buses integrated," TransLink spokesman Ken Hardie said.

Some Canada Line passengers are having trouble paying for their fares because of newer technology in the ticket-vending machines.

Snider said the machines do accept debit and credit card transactions, but the upgraded technology requires the credit or debit card to be left in the slot longer.

Passengers must wait until three yellow lights have lit up on the TVM debit slot before taking the card out.

Meanwhile, TransLink is planning to move ahead with a "request for qualifications" this fall for people interested in building turnstiles for the new rapid transit line.

The $100-million project, which would be funded by the provincial and federal governments, are expected to be in place by 2012 along with new Smart Cards.

© Copyright © The Vancouver Sun

Edited by nitronuts

Well, that shuttle train isn't even part of their subway. It's just a little terminal-to-terminal shuttle train.

The tunnel looked exactly like the cut-and-cover portions of Cambie.

Weird... I was in that airport almost exactly a year ago and cannot for the life of me remember a shuttle train. :blink:

That food poisoning I was suffering from (thank you Thailand) must have been really bad.

Any word on which stations will continue stamping? I know it said something about it in the brochure, but it didn't specify WHICH stations would continue.

EDIT: And what about those "I Rode the Canada Line" T-Shirts? I regret not going to Brighouse at opening to get one!! Do they have any more?

Edited by Coraline

LOL, on CTV Toronto last night:

"Why is Vancouver getting this before us? Aren't we the biggest city? Doesn't everyone come here? Like really, who the hell goes to Vancouver?"

Olympics get stuff done.

Edited by BradMayFan

Apparently, one set of doors broke already. The train stopped yesterday for several minutes while they tried to close them. Eventually they were closed and they decided to keep them shut, which made it very hard to get off! Watch out for car 106 - problems already...