The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

It really depends. I've been trying out RAV-99, and it's been consistently 50 minutes. RAV-43 was a bit under 53 mins. Haven't tried out RAV-49, but Im guessing that because it stops more frequent, it might be slower. Remember, as well, that we're further from UBC now and the 49 LOVES to stop for 5 minutes at Granville for no good reason.

We should steal an idea from "Speed" and make the buses go quicker.

It really depends. I've been trying out RAV-99, and it's been consistently 50 minutes. RAV-43 was a bit under 53 mins. Haven't tried out RAV-49, but Im guessing that because it stops more frequent, it might be slower. Remember, as well, that we're further from UBC now and the 49 LOVES to stop for 5 minutes at Granville for no good reason.

Buses sometimes unavoidably run late, but should never be ahead of schedule.

Well, technically it would circle the runway and tarmac a hundred times....then crash into a 747 full of fuel and blow up into a gazillion pieces.

Bring your cameras!

Park a plane under the Canada Line station so they can build a proper one!

Edited by Vanuck14

So I took the Canada Line for the first time today.

Why do the doors close so quickly? The people had only barely finished exiting before they tried to close, which of course didn't work because people were just starting to get in. Is that how they get their magical 25 (or whatever) figure? By assuming a stop at a station takes 15 seconds?

Why do the doors close so quickly? The people had only barely finished exiting before they tried to close, which of course didn't work because people were just starting to get in. Is that how they get their magical 25 (or whatever) figure? By assuming a stop at a station takes 15 seconds?

Korean workmanship that gave us incidents like this:

Sounds like LA's subway trains.

The trains here in Seoul don't even give a decent warning before they close.

So I was in Seattle for PAX this weekend an got a chance to ride the Central Link, so here's my mini review:

I rode the train from Westlake Center to International District it was in the bus tunnel the whole way so it felt like skytrain between Waterfront and Stadium but i'm sure if I had ridden it outside the tunnel that would have changed. The trains themselves were empty with a capital E. There were about 5 people in the car I was in, but i'm willing to give it the benifit of the doubt because it was 5 P.M. on a Sunday. The train sure felt slower than skytrain too. Inside, the cars seemed like a love child of a MKII and a NOVA bus with their flexi-joint and upper level. In conclusion, seems like a good system but I will take skytrain over it.

So I was in Seattle for PAX this weekend an got a chance to ride the Central Link, so here's my mini review:

I rode the train from Westlake Center to International District it was in the bus tunnel the whole way so it felt like skytrain between Waterfront and Stadium but i'm sure if I had ridden it outside the tunnel that would have changed. The trains themselves were empty with a capital E. There were about 5 people in the car I was in, but i'm willing to give it the benifit of the doubt because it was 5 P.M. on a Sunday. The train sure felt slower than skytrain too. Inside, the cars seemed like a love child of a MKII and a NOVA bus with their flexi-joint and upper level. In conclusion, seems like a good system but I will take skytrain over it.

It was probably slow inside the tunnel because it has to share right of way with buses.

And ridership should pick up, once it expands into some points of interest , such as the airport and the university.

Edited by Buggernut