The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fringe

G.K. Chesterton

I don't know if anyone is still following the show, but damn, the last episode "White Tulip" (E18) was unbelievable. One of the best TV episodes ever written and the last scene literally made me shed tears. Also the waitress in the beginning of the show is really hot :lol: .

What Leonard Nimoy's Retirement Means to Fringe

Unless you’re a giant nerd, you might not have noticed that Leonard Nimoy announced that he’s retiring from acting: “I’ve been doing this professionally for 60 years. I love the idea of going out on a positive note.” The positive note he refers to is J.J. Abrams’s Star Trek, a film series that he’ll have no problem detaching from — after all, one Spock is really enough. But what of Nimoy’s other Abrams enterprise, Fringe? That’s where things get more complicated.

Nimoy was famously cast last season as William Bell, the Wizard behind most of the crazy science and weekly madness on Fringe. Clearly it was a role that the producers envisioned being around for the long haul — an older adversary/misunderstood partner for John Noble’s Walter Bishop to tangle with — and one central to the very core of the series. To wit: He first season ended with a visit to William Bell’s alternate reality office inside a still standing World Trade Center.

Granted, it’s likely that Abrams and his fellow Fringe producers expected to be without Nimoy going forward — news of his “retirement” has been circulating since last fall — but that doesn’t make it any less damaging to their narrative. Even though William Bell hasn’t appeared on the show since December, he’s still mentioned on a weekly basis with the hush tones and worried glaces that Lost characters used for Jacob in the early going.

So what will Fringe decide to do? Nimoy will supposedly make one final appearance in the season finale, leaving the series with two options: Kill him off or recast the role with another geek icon. Here’s guessing Patrick Stewart should expect a phone call.

I think I might know what's going on in the whole grand scheme of things. I haven't read any spoilers or read up on anything. This is just my guess, don't know if it's right or not:

I think the man that tried to cross "over" on the bridge is Walter from the other universe. This whole thing might be about that Walter getting his son back (the son that this universe's Walter took from him).

The other side is said to be much more advanced and a war is supposed to be coming. Could it be that the Walter on the "other side" is in a position of major power and is waging war on the this side because his son was taken from him?

Every episode the gang thwarts some genius plan involving biological warfare. It could be that Walter is smart enough to figure these things out because the guy who is setting them up on the "other side" is just as smart as him. Identical, actually; the other side's Walter.

I think that'd be a decent storyline. :P What do you think?

I think I might know what's going on in the whole grand scheme of things. I haven't read any spoilers or read up on anything. This is just my guess, don't know if it's right or not:

I think the man that tried to cross "over" on the bridge is Walter from the other universe. This whole thing might be about that Walter getting his son back (the son that this universe's Walter took from him).

The other side is said to be much more advanced and a war is supposed to be coming. Could it be that the Walter on the "other side" is in a position of major power and is waging war on the this side because his son was taken from him?

Every episode the gang thwarts some genius plan involving biological warfare. It could be that Walter is smart enough to figure these things out because the guy who is setting them up on the "other side" is just as smart as him. Identical, actually; the other side's Walter.

I think that'd be a decent storyline. :P What do you think?

Cool thought kanucks25!

... but....

The bald guy(s) allowed the original abduction of Peter to occur because 'he is special'. If they knew his abduction would lead to war between universes do you think they would let it happen??????

Archived