The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

Me: Baby, who do you think will be captain now?

Him: Hank

Me: You sure about that?

Me: I think it might be Kesler

Me: It should actually be Burrows

Him: Maybe kes but no chance it's burr

Me: You don't know that! It could be!

Him: It would destroy his play

Me: No it wouldn't! How would it destroy his play?

Him: He couldn't take the pressure

Me: He totally could. You're being delusional!

Silly boys! Think they know everything. :P

Riverside. Taking level 1 Carpentry, just graduated high school this year. They gave us a list of tools to buy (I've bought most of them already) I just need a toolbox to put all my tools. I'm hemming and hawing on how big I should get it, there's a couple I have my eye on:

http://www.homedepot...tNumber#reviews

http://www.homedepot...tk=P_PartNumber

Note the prices.

I'm open to others, those are the ones I ran across at the Home Depot website that looked fitting and appealing to me. Of course, I'm just starting out so I don't know exactly what to look for and what will turn out to work for me.

Eventually I'll be using it for job sites. During this course and after I complete it. Then of course there's level 2, 3, and 4 to do also. Level 3 & 4 I'll go to BCIT for.

Given those 2 choices I would pick the cheaper one and for these reasons:

- It has solid latches

- It has storage for fasteners on the lid. If you are using 300-500 finishing nails on a job you will have a box of them. It will be the time that you need a handfull of brad nails you will be pissed off if you have to come off a ladder to get them. I have a similar toolbox at home and I have alot of finishing jobs in my new place to complete and I can't count the number of times the storage on the lid has saved me a trip down a ladder. Be it different size screw/nail or drywall anchor or other fastener.

- That stupid V-groove is just that...STUPID. On a jobsite you will have work horses. That V-groove is dumb.

And really as you move on in your training/job, you will come to realize what works for you. If you spend alot on your first box and you want to change in 2 years you are going to be pissed.

Me: Baby, who do you think will be captain now?

Him: Hank

Me: You sure about that?

Me: I think it might be Kesler

Me: It should actually be Burrows

Him: Maybe kes but no chance it's burr

Me: You don't know that! It could be!

Him: It would destroy his play

Me: No it wouldn't! How would it destroy his play?

Him: He couldn't take the pressure

Me: He totally could. You're being delusional!

Silly boys! Think they know everything. :P

I think it should be Burrows and for the following reasons:

- He is a fan fav and knows how to cut thru the BS to get to the issues

- He plays with his heart on his sleeve and doesn't care. Lou on the other hand is better when he cuts loose but couldn't as captain for some reason.

- He has earned it. He has come from the E to NHL. Who else on this team knows the dedication and work to do that?

I think it should be Burrows and for the following reasons:

- He is a fan fav and knows how to cut thru the BS to get to the issues

- He plays with his heart on his sleeve and doesn't care. Lou on the other hand is better when he cuts loose but couldn't as captain for some reason.

- He has earned it. He has come from the E to NHL. Who else on this team knows the dedication and work to do that?

Thanks for taking my side. :P

Given those 2 choices I would pick the cheaper one and for these reasons:

- It has solid latches

- It has storage for fasteners on the lid. If you are using 300-500 finishing nails on a job you will have a box of them. It will be the time that you need a handfull of brad nails you will be pissed off if you have to come off a ladder to get them. I have a similar toolbox at home and I have alot of finishing jobs in my new place to complete and I can't count the number of times the storage on the lid has saved me a trip down a ladder. Be it different size screw/nail or drywall anchor or other fastener.

- That stupid V-groove is just that...STUPID. On a jobsite you will have work horses. That V-groove is dumb.

And really as you move on in your training/job, you will come to realize what works for you. If you spend alot on your first box and you want to change in 2 years you are going to be pissed.

While the storage on the lid IS handy, I will also have a tool belt on the job site. And most tool belts have a few spots for nails, screws, etc. But I get what you mean. Cheaper does sound like the way to go, though I still want something durable. I know Stanley is a pretty good brand, and I would expect even though it's cheaper it'll work out. /fingers crossed.

Now other than those 2 toolboxes, are there others that you would suggest? Though I'm kinda set on that cheap one there.

I'm just never a fan of buying things twice, like starting low then getting a better quality one later. I get what you mean though.

While the storage on the lid IS handy, I will also have a tool belt on the job site. And most tool belts have a few spots for nails, screws, etc. But I get what you mean. Cheaper does sound like the way to go, though I still want something durable. I know Stanley is a pretty good brand, and I would expect even though it's cheaper it'll work out. /fingers crossed.

Now other than those 2 toolboxes, are there others that you would suggest? Though I'm kinda set on that cheap one there.

I'm just never a fan of buying things twice, like starting low then getting a better quality one later. I get what you mean though.

I know what you mean about buying twice. I am trying to get that concept thru to my bosses.

With a $23 tool box don't worry. Spend your cash on the actual tools. Like with me I bought a regular vernier caliper in highschool in grade 10 when I realized I wanted to be a machinist. My teacher in metal work pushed me along that path and actually made me follow the curiculum rather than make pipes (but in my spare time I sold stainless steel pipes for $50).

But once I was in the trade and apprenticed I spent the cash for Mitotoyo digital caliper and 0.0001" micrometers. What carries your tools is less important than the tools within....Woah...That was pretty Yoda.