The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Murrays got the break, but I still think its over. This is going to be Murray's last chance for a major for a long time I think. No one is going to touch Rafa on clay if he comes back healthy, and Wimbeldon and US open are Feds are Rafas to lose again. And Murray just gave his break back. Nothing going right for him.

Definitely true. Perhaps Murray has an injury of some sort? Nevertheless, still a poor showing by him so far.

So I heard Li Na or Na Li (whichever way it is!) had a bit of a meltdown vs. Clijsters??

Apparently she started yelling at the ump to tell her supporters in the crowd to "stop teaching her how to play tennis??"

Crazy if it's true. That's one feisty competitor!

Sooo happy for Clijsters. She's my favourite on the women's side. TBH i tuned back into tennis properly after she made her comeback

Glad she got the Aussie win in what is likely her last one.

Definitely true. Perhaps Murray has an injury of some sort? Nevertheless, still a poor showing by him so far.

Honestly, it just seems as if Djokovic is sucking the life out of him. He can't win any rallies against him. He's making mistakes. His serve has been the only thing working for him lately in the match.

A good analogy would be an animal caught in a python's death grip, and that grip is getting tighter and tighter until the animal gives up and accepts death. Murray looks like he's about to hit that point.

He has really sucked tonight. Djokovic doesn't have to do ANYTHING to win.

So I heard Li Na or Na Li (whichever way it is!) had a bit of a meltdown vs. Clijsters??

Apparently she started yelling at the ump to tell her supporters in the crowd to "stop teaching her how to play tennis??"

Crazy if it's true. That's one feisty competitor!

Sooo happy for Clijsters. She's my favourite on the women's side. TBH i tuned back into tennis properly after she made her comeback

Glad she got the Aussie win in what is likely her last one.

She's saying that, but let's be realistic. She is the top player in the circuit right now, and she can always have more children later. As we are right now, there's nobody who can challenge her. Serena is hurt. Wozniacki is our new Safina. Henin has retired. All the players who were good are starting to disappear, like Sharapova. 3/5 majors since her comeback. If she comes back, it'll be hers to win.

I guarantee that you'll see her yet again here.

Edited by Ki Sung Yong

He has really sucked tonight. Djokovic doesn't have to do ANYTHING to win.

She's saying that, but let's be realistic. She is the top player in the circuit right now, and she can always have more children later. As we are right now, there's nobody who can challenge her. Serena is hurt. Wozniacki is our new Safina. Henin has retired. All the players who were good are starting to disappear, like Sharapova. 3/5 majors since her comeback. If she comes back, it'll be hers to win.

I guarantee that you'll see her yet again here.

that's a good point and i hope you're right

there was a drop off period when both clijsters and henin had retired, ivanovic was underacheiving, and sharapova was up to her same old - the women's side had gotten a bit boring to watch. luckilly the Williams sisters picked it up and so it made it fun again.

if Clijsters can keep it rolling i'd love to see her. she still has what it takes and she's a pleasure to watch

Honestly, it just seems as if Djokovic is sucking the life out of him. He can't win any rallies against him. He's making mistakes. His serve has been the only thing working for him lately in the match.

A good analogy would be an animal caught in a python's death grip, and that grip is getting tighter and tighter until the animal gives up and accepts death. Murray looks like he's about to hit that point.

Except the snake would then have to exert a ton of pressure. Joker doesn't seem to NEED to go full-on right now. Murray's hitting a lot into the net.

One last bump before this thread goes into hibernation until the french open, Roanic moved up 58 places to #94 in the world. Rebecca Marino jumped 20 spots to #84. Also, in the tourny Roanic is in right now he took out the number 2 seed. He could be in the top 50 come wimbeldon if he continues to play well.

One last bump before this thread goes into hibernation until the french open, Roanic moved up 58 places to #94 in the world. Rebecca Marino jumped 20 spots to #84. Also, in the tourny Roanic is in right now he took out the number 2 seed. He could be in the top 50 come wimbeldon if he continues to play well.

It's a 250 circuit tourney, so one win won't do much. But you can't ignore the fact that he did take out the #2 seed, so we can expect him to go a bit deeper.

It's a 250 circuit tourney, so one win won't do much. But you can't ignore the fact that he did take out the #2 seed, so we can expect him to go a bit deeper.

Well, I didn't mean he would move up to the top 50 after this tournament. I just meant if he continues to play well and pick up points in the tournys he is in, it wouldn't surprise. Im not sure if small events like these are televised, but it would be nice if TSN could pick up his semi's or finals match if he makes it that far.