The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions/CFL 2012 Season thread

Canucks_fo_life

I think you also have to have complete confidence in your O-Line to hang in the pocket for an extended period of time and throw deep.

When it's pre-season and you're shuffling guys in and out on the line, I don't expect to see a big vertical game.

As for potential QB controversy? Who cares? I say bring it on. If Lulay gives Pierce a run for his money, then so be it. We need the best guy in there and not to worry about ruffling feathers. Pierce will start game 1 to be sure, but if he falters, I say keep rotating until someone proves that they can grab the #1 spot and play.

Not a Jarious fan though, so I wouldn't mind seeing him drop to #3 on the depth chart.

JJ isn't getting any younger, nor better

he doesn't anything different to the table other than being a reliable backup

trade him while he has some value (rather than letting him go for nothing), even a late round pick would be fine

there's a few teams that could use a decent qb with experience

Well that lasted long! :lol:

LUMSDEN LEAVES GAME WITH APPARENT SHOULDER INJURY

EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Eskimos hadn't even played a quarter of football before losing running back Jesse Lumsden.

With just 33 seconds left in the opening frame in Thursday's season opener against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, the highly-touted free agent running back acquisition left with an apparent shoulder injury after a hit from Siddeeq Shabazz.

The 26-year-old was signed by Edmonton in February after four oft-injured years with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Archived