The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

LoL, it's prbably Brodeur's last year and he's way past his prime, so I think he is very happy to split the games 41/41 with Bryz.

Brodeur starts 70+ games a year when healthy. So does Bryzgalov.

No, neither is happy to split starts like that. One will have to be traded before the start of the regular season or one of the two goalies may refuse to play for your club until he is traded.

So I've started with the cap sheets. So far I'm done myself (Tampa) and Anaheim. It takes a ton of research and input to complete each team though. I'll try to get 1-2 teams done a night, more on weekends. Hopefully they'll be all ready to go by October 1st.

For the teams that are done though, they are official, so if you would like to take a look at those teams to potentially make trades or whatever, you are free to do so. As posted multiple times, the link is here.

EDIT: Also, Anaheim, you are well over the cap (by $6.472 million to be precise) so you'll also have to rectify that situation one way or another by October 1st, when the salary cap does come into effect.

Please note that all teams must be under the $71.4 million salary cap by October 1st.

...and he's past his prime...?

What difference does it make? Brodeur is a star goalie and is used to starting 70+ games a season. It doesn't matter whether his skill level can still match that (and IMO it can), he wants to play as a starter. And so does Bryzgalov.

I made it VERY clear that you cannot have 2 star goalies on your team, or one will demand a trade. You blatantly disregarded this. Please stop arguing with me on this, it's already been decided that one must be traded by the start of the season.

What difference does it make? Brodeur is a star goalie and is used to starting 70+ games a season. It doesn't matter whether his skill level can still match that (and IMO it can), he wants to play as a starter. And so does Bryzgalov.

I made it VERY clear that you cannot have 2 star goalies on your team, or one will demand a trade. You blatantly disregarded this. Please stop arguing with me on this, it's already been decided that one must be traded by the start of the season.

IMO he is shaky, why even the 2010 olympics and the 2010 NHL playoffs proves it. Look at Canada vs USA game.

IMO he is shaky, why even the 2010 olympics and the 2010 NHL playoffs proves it. Look at Canada vs USA game.

Then why did you draft him? The fact of the matter is he plays 70+ games a season, and so does Bryzgalov. And that doesn't work here.

Also you have Briere down as a right winger, however I've noticed he also is a centre so is he switchable?

Yeah, he's switchable. For now I'm just going by what NHL.com lists their positions as being for the most part. But if it makes sense for a player to play a different position (like Briere) then it's definitely fine to switch the player to that position.

Hi sorry i missed the draft i thought my pick was 3rd round. Canucks select Sergei Shirokov (24 6GP)

Also a quick question for waivers. Do they have to be under 25 and have not played a certain amount of games or just under 25?

Another thing: Canuckk ill do my own cap sheet/depth chart to save you the time. If you want to do it yourself to make sure its done right go ahead but i can do mine myself (I already got most of it)

Edit: Sorry another question: Can you play your centers on the wing? and can you put a RW on LW?

Hi sorry i missed the draft i thought my pick was 3rd round. Canucks select Sergei Shirokov (24 6GP)

Also a quick question for waivers. Do they have to be under 25 and have not played a certain amount of games or just under 25?

Another thing: Canuckk ill do my own cap sheet/depth chart to save you the time. If you want to do it yourself to make sure its done right go ahead but i can do mine myself (I already got most of it)

Edit: Sorry another question: Can you play your centers on the wing? and can you put a RW on LW?

If the player is either 25 or over OR has played in more then 150 NHL games, then the player is eligible for waivers. So any player 25 or over is eligible for waivers, yes.

Okay, thanks. I already have a template set up which is where all the official cap sheets will be going, but if you post yours or PM it to me, I can use it as a reference, which will save me time.

And yes, you can play a C as a winger, or a RW as an LW, within reason of course (ie don't use a team of 12 Cs). But when posting your depth chart, please put the players in their proper positions.

EDIT: Also, Detroit, you have 2 more picks to make up.

Archived