The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Shhhhhh

I've found over the past year or so that you're posts have habitually been worthy of admiration, so thanks for the +1

I don't think we have the moral, or mental for the fact, superiority to be able to belittle these obviously misguided "fans" because they are surely just that, misguided. The vast majority of the posters on this board, people in our workplaces, friends, family, and strangers on the street tend to let themselves become Sheeple. Pack mentality is a tantalizing easy and appealing lifestyle to buy into, and sadly far too many people/"fans" are full board onto the idea of following the herd. A ripple of dissent on a specific player begins, a wave grows, ending in a tidal wave of bodies pressing an issue they see all around them. It's sad, but it's human nature.

Bieksa is by no means perfect, but I believe the facts show that he is perfectly covetable player. If only people could think enough to figure this out, not feel around them to see what everyone else is supposedly confirming as true.

"Go not where the path may lead, but go where there is no path and leave a trail"

Gotta admit it started off with your "90%" comment.

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Look, Bohoner, I don't have a problem with you taking issue with my exaggeration of the percentage of fans that are tired of Bieksa's act.

My problem is the fact you insulted me instead of providing an opinion. Which you have continued to do throughout this back and forth.

I honestly have no idea if you even know anything about the Canucks, because all you do is try to stir up crap.

Bieksa SUCKS.

he routinely makes glaring errors at inopportune times.

to deny this is to expose your ignorance.

We will be a better team when he's gone.

Uh... he was terrible in the playoffs. Trade him and LonnyBohonos for a bag of pucks.

By the way Lonny Bohonos the original sucked too.

I got your back L'il Fra!

BS, there are at least 10 pages of posts prompted by Bieksa's boo boo's in each GDT, calling for Bieksa's head. Personally I like this thread for 2 reasons, 1 it identifies the half dozen or so Bieksa homers on cdc and 2, keeps all their b.s. in one thread.

The bottom line is MG doesn't have many options until salo comes back, but in the mean time, why does AV play him more than 10 minutes a night? Bieksa should be in the 3rd pairing at best..

AV plays him more than 10 mins because he is a good and usefull dman. I guess you figure you know more than AV which is just further proof of all the BS you post on here.

Bieksa SUCKS.

Uh... he was terrible in the playoffs. Trade him and LonnyBohonos for a bag of pucks.

L'il Fra and Dirty Al, with names like that I guess that must mean its a Pro-D day today.

I've found over the past year or so that you're posts have habitually been worthy of admiration, so thanks for the +1

I don't think we have the moral, or mental for the fact, superiority to be able to belittle these obviously misguided "fans" because they are surely just that, misguided. The vast majority of the posters on this board, people in our workplaces, friends, family, and strangers on the street tend to let themselves become Sheeple. Pack mentality is a tantalizing easy and appealing lifestyle to buy into, and sadly far too many people/"fans" are full board onto the idea of following the herd. A ripple of dissent on a specific player begins, a wave grows, ending in a tidal wave of bodies pressing an issue they see all around them. It's sad, but it's human nature.

Bieksa is by no means perfect, but I believe the facts show that he is perfectly covetable player. If only people could think enough to figure this out, not feel around them to see what everyone else is supposedly confirming as true.

"Go not where the path may lead, but go where there is no path and leave a trail"

Honest examples of his poor play have been put forward but they are immediately looked over, not accepted, or ignored. How are you certain the "sheeple" are not the Bieksa lovers? From my perspective they certainly are. Their hasn't been any pro Bieksa comments as far as his defensive play coming from any of you. As a "hater" generally we argue his defensive play is poor. Your counter arguments are "but he gets so many points" and "he plays with Hamhuis"

BS, there are at least 10 pages of posts prompted by Bieksa's boo boo's in each GDT, calling for Bieksa's head. Personally I like this thread for 2 reasons, 1 it identifies the half dozen or so Bieksa homers on cdc and 2, keeps all their b.s. in one thread.

The bottom line is MG doesn't have many options until salo comes back, but in the mean time, why does AV play him more than 10 minutes a night? Bieksa should be in the 3rd pairing at best..

While it is true that there are certainly comments slamming Bieksa's play in each GDT of late, it would be interesting to see how many of those people are the very same that post negatively about his play in this thread. Not saying there opinions are valid, just that by repetition they seem more prevalent in the discussions.

I like this thread because:

1. It identifies all those who persist to champion ideas they themselves can't concretely defend
  2. Provides an appropriate forum for reason to impugn idiots who say things like "MG doesn't have many options until salo comes back" which is completely false, and but "why does AV play [bieksa] more than 10 minutes a night?" which shows the posters' ability to evaluate and articulate a player's talent

Btw if you hadn't noticed, going strictly on playing time, Bieksa was on the 2nd pairing in the Ducks game and other than an weakly awarded penalty, had a very solid game.

ouch.

Bieksa SUCKS.

Honest examples of his poor play have been put forward but they are immediately looked over, not accepted, or ignored. How are you certain the "sheeple" are not the Bieksa lovers? From my perspective they certainly are. Their hasn't been any pro Bieksa comments as far as his defensive play coming from any of you. As a "hater" generally we argue his defensive play is poor. Your counter arguments are "but he gets so many points" and "he plays with Hamhuis"

You constantly post the same crap. This latest post again doesn't point any particular examples, it's just a general statement. Crosby suck offensively, he only has 2 points this year. Does that make sense, either does your posts.

+1

That's just it, all these Bieksa bashers ever say is "He's a bum! He sucks! He's a useless idiot!" and never actually give any examples as to why he is so bad. According to them, Bieksa isn't even an NHL caliber defensemen. I am dumbfounded as to how these people come to such irrational conclusions. Are they sitting there in front of their TV just waiting to focus in on Bieksa's every mistake; while completely turning a blind eye to all of the good plays he makes? Do they have some inner mechanism that forces them to blame every Vancouver loss on one player, to make them feel better? It HAS to be somebody's fault, right? It truly is remarkable the absurdity of some of these so called Canucks "fans'" thought processes and ridiculously biased observation skills.

I'm not here to say Bieksa is perfect, or even a top 50 d-man in the league. Every player on every team makes mistakes that cost the team. That's hockey. But never does a loss ever result from ONE player. The Bieksa bashers somehow think otherwise.

Way to make one persons comment stand against the whole crowd.

According to the Bieksa lovers he's the best defenceman on the team. See what I did there? I bet ya someone on cdc thinks so. Are they right?

You constantly post the same crap. This latest post again doesn't point any particular examples, it's just a general statement. Crosby suck offensively, he only has 2 points this year. Does that make sense, either does your posts.

Right back at ya buddy. It's not worth reiterating whats been said a million times and having it immediately shot down by some ignorant Bieksakins. You think I'm wrong I think your wrong. It's boring.

The PROBLEM here is the FANS! To be honest we haven't even won a Stanley Cup. It's only the fourth game tonight. We all know Bieksa takes penalties...so who doesn't. Admit it or not he is the scapegoat of the team. When he is on the ice it's like he's wearing a bright yellow jersey, we watch every move he makes so closely we ignore everyone elses.

Way to make one persons comment stand against the whole crowd.

According to the Bieksa lovers he's the best defenceman on the team. See what I did there? I bet ya someone on cdc thinks so. Are they right?

I agree with this. There are some people here who don't think Bieksa is an NHL caliber defenseman, and think were better off with the Aaron Romes of the world.

There are people out there who think Bieksa is an all star, and he will get a 60 point year while being a + infinite.

I think a lot of people are putting too much emphasis on his play, and acting like he is the reason why we are 1-1-1. I have had mixed feelings about his play. He has made some good plays, and some bad plays. I don't think having him on the team makes us worse.

Stop.

This is far too logical.

I agree with this. There are some people here who don't think Bieksa is an NHL caliber defenseman, and think were better off with the Aaron Romes of the world.

There are people out there who think Bieksa is an all star, and he will get a 60 point year while being a + infinite.

I think a lot of people are putting too much emphasis on his play, and acting like he is the reason why we are 1-1-1. I have had mixed feelings about his play. He has made some good plays, and some bad plays. I don't think having him on the team makes us worse.

Archived