The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I suppose the same could be said for your post as well, since it's just a veiled insult. If you go back a page you'll see that I simply got my hackles up after being called retarded first thing in the morning.

Pot, kettle, pot, kettle, and on it goes.

I should have known better than to get involved in all this.

Is it not even safe to take a shot at Bieksa anymore? What is CDC coming to? lol

It's not a veiled insult...but an astute observation. His point was, don't throw mud back at someone that you're complaining out loud of mud throwing. It will get your pot and his kettle equally dirty...and then no hands will be clean.

And you might want to learn that it's always a risky propostion taking 'shots' at a player of this team. All of the players have fans and supporters...and taking 'shots' will be the first salvo....but I assure you it will spark return fire.

That's what alot of CDC'ers fail to take into account before they rail against a well liked and widely supported member of this team...whoever it may be....and then express shock at the 'shots' being taken at them.

Anyways....long story short....when you make your own bed, you have to lie in it.

To simplify.

Don't be stupid. Don't get called a retard.

It's not a veiled insult...but an astute observation. His point was, don't throw mud back at someone that you're complaining out loud of mud throwing. It will get your pot and his kettle equally dirty...and then no hands will be clean.

And you might want to learn that it's always a risky propostion taking 'shots' at a player of this team. All of the players have fans and supporters...and taking 'shots' will be the first salvo....but I assure you it will spark return fire.

That's what alot of CDC'ers fail to take into account before they rail against a well liked and widely supported member of this team...whoever it may be....and then express shock at the 'shots' being taken at them.

Anyways....long story short....when you make your own bed, you have to lie in it.

Why doesn't everyone just lay off Bieksa and let him play his game. He is consistently one of our better performers in the playoffs. Last year at one point his partner was freaking Alberts. He has some offensive ability and playing with Hamhuis will help him when he decides to pinch or join the rush as has been in the past few games. It's three games into the season and the Trade Bieksa rants are already popping up. Hockey Is a team game, the blame cannot be put on one players shoulders.

I believe it was good giving him the A, atleast now he has confidence and feels the organization believes in him and wants him to succeed.

There are knowledgable hockey fans, there are knee jerk hockey fans, and there are patient hockey fans.

The "get rid of Juice" club contains plenty of all of these.

The guy is obviously a liability, otherwise 90 per cent of this board wouldn't be clamoring to trade him.

Canucks fans know what they are watching. The general consensus is Bieksa is costing us games. He has repeatedly made the kind of mistakes that should get him benched, or at the very least reduce his ice time. We've been watching him play this way for a few years and there is no mystery left. The only mystery is why don't AV and Bowness see what is so obvious to everyone else?

He hasn't taken it upon himself to improve. He's a rover, who has the green light and goes whenever he feels like it. He forces his teammates to constantly cover for him and be wary of his decision making. His comments in the press prove that he has no idea what his weaknesses are. How can he improve if he does no self analysis?

His time has come, and the sooner we move him the better.

Is it 90% or is it guys like you that constantly post and make it look like there is a lot more negative posts. There's always gotta be a scapegoat. Thank god for Kesler it's Bieksa right now.

Instead of ganging up on me why don't you guys go give your nuts a tug.

Bohonos, is that how you got so many posts? By being captain jerk-off?

You claim everyone is name calling and look who is the ring leader.

Why doesn't everyone just lay off Bieksa and let him play his game. He is consistently one of our better performers in the playoffs. Last year at one point his partner was freaking Alberts. He has some offensive ability and playing with Hamhuis will help him when he decides to pinch or join the rush as has been in the past few games. It's three games into the season and the Trade Bieksa rants are already popping up. Hockey Is a team game, the blame cannot be put on one players shoulders.

I believe it was good giving him the A, atleast now he has confidence and feels the organization believes in him and wants him to succeed.

1.) The bold statements completely contradict each other.

2.) Bieksa was specifically bad in the playoffs last year.

3.) The trade Bieksa rants have been "popping up" for a couple years now.

4.) Are you a new fan of the Canucks?

Sampy, get lost. Bohonos called me a retard 3 times this morning. Contrary to your uneducated and unwelcome late addition to the hater train, I don't go around calling people names.

The fact that this thread exists goes to show that there are plenty of fans that are ready to part ways with Bieksa.

To Bieksa Haters: Bieksa is not going anywhere anytime soon. His high cap hit will make it harder to trade him for any value this early in the season (...it's only been 3 games). He won't be benched cuz you can't showcase him if he's on the bench.

To Bieksa Lovers: He'll be with the Canucks until Salo returns. IMO Bieksa will be traded/waived at that time. There is no way to keep both Bieksa and Salo and field a competitive roster. Salo has a NTC. Bieksa does not. Bieksa was not brought in by MG. And I sincerely doubt that MG will waive Salo before Bieksa.

Injuries: Yeah they can happen. But unless someone that makes $3.5M goes on LTIR...it's not even a consideration.

Speaking of contradictions: bieksa was NOT specifically bad in the playoff.

You been nom nom nomming on Lil Fras Lil

Fra?

He was our top 2 man and had 8 points in 12 games with 3 goals. He had more goals than Kesler and Burrows combined and they had empty netters. Did you even watch the playoffs. Did you notice he rushed back from a bad injury, only had a few games to get ready for the playoffs and then had to take on Chicago's top pair, all after missing most of the season.

The trade rumours have only come from guys like you and Eklund. Gillis has said repeatedly that he wasn't trading him.

Are you even a fan?

Everyone else is certainly a stretch. If you go into the Game Day threads or the Post Game threads, rarely do you see a clamoring of hate towards Bieksa. It's only in THESE threads that all of you Bieksa haters come out to play. Every season there's a Bieksa hate thread and it's always full of the same retards (e.g. Tatoes).

Do you honestly think that you are a majority of all fans? Do you think that somehow you are observing something that the coaching staff and Gillis is missing? For some reason I trust their opinion oodles more than a bunch of Bieksa haters on an internet forum. They just might be a better judge of talent than you.

BS, there are at least 10 pages of posts prompted by Bieksa's boo boo's in each GDT, calling for Bieksa's head. Personally I like this thread for 2 reasons, 1 it identifies the half dozen or so Bieksa homers on cdc and 2, keeps all their b.s. in one thread.

The bottom line is MG doesn't have many options until salo comes back, but in the mean time, why does AV play him more than 10 minutes a night? Bieksa should be in the 3rd pairing at best..

He was really skilled at letting Kopitar walk around him last Saturday. Unfortunately, Lu had to break up his beautiful play. I think he could pull it off again tonight. He has the hockey sense to make things happen out there.

Gotta admit it started off with your "90%" comment.

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Sampy, get lost. Bohonos called me a retard 3 times this morning. Contrary to your uneducated and unwelcome late addition to the hater train, I don't go around calling people names.

The fact that this thread exists goes to show that there are plenty of fans that are ready to part ways with Bieksa.

Would these arguements be here if he was signed to a 2-2.5 million dollar deal? People are looking at his cap hit to determine how he should be performing. The fact is he is on the top pairing right now playing with the calming influence that is hamhuis.

Wait until we are 10 games in too start whining. In the end none of us are the GM of this team. Being so critical of a player will have an effect especially when his name is in the media all the time.

He was our top 2 man and had 8 points in 12 games with 3 goals. He had more goals than Kesler and Burrows combined and they had empty netters. Did you even watch the playoffs. Did you notice he rushed back from a bad injury, only had a few games to get ready for the playoffs and then had to take on Chicago's top pair, all after missing most of the season.

The trade rumours have only come from guys like you and Eklund. Gillis has said repeatedly that he wasn't trading him.

Are you even a fan?

His stats are not indicative of his play in the playoffs.

Yes, I'm a fan of the Canucks, that is exactly why I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced.

Ganging up on you?

Here's a tissue.

Dude, you really are lame. I think you've topped yourself with this cliche of an insult. Why don't you try something a little more original?

Like this:

What's up with you guys? Are you all sitting around bored in glee club together?

+1

That's just it, all these Bieksa bashers ever say is "He's a bum! He sucks! He's a useless idiot!" and never actually give any examples as to why he is so bad. According to them, Bieksa isn't even an NHL caliber defensemen. I am dumbfounded as to how these people come to such irrational conclusions. Are they sitting there in front of their TV just waiting to focus in on Bieksa's every mistake; while completely turning a blind eye to all of the good plays he makes? Do they have some inner mechanism that forces them to blame every Vancouver loss on one player, to make them feel better? It HAS to be somebody's fault, right? It truly is remarkable the absurdity of some of these so called Canucks "fans'" thought processes and ridiculously biased observation skills.

I'm not here to say Bieksa is perfect, or even a top 50 d-man in the league. Every player on every team makes mistakes that cost the team. That's hockey. But never does a loss ever result from ONE player. The Bieksa bashers somehow think otherwise.

I've found over the past year or so that you're posts have habitually been worthy of admiration, so thanks for the +1

I don't think we have the moral, or mental for the fact, superiority to be able to belittle these obviously misguided "fans" because they are surely just that, misguided. The vast majority of the posters on this board, people in our workplaces, friends, family, and strangers on the street tend to let themselves become Sheeple. Pack mentality is a tantalizing easy and appealing lifestyle to buy into, and sadly far too many people/"fans" are full board onto the idea of following the herd. A ripple of dissent on a specific player begins, a wave grows, ending in a tidal wave of bodies pressing an issue they see all around them. It's sad, but it's human nature.

Bieksa is by no means perfect, but I believe the facts show that he is perfectly covetable player. If only people could think enough to figure this out, not feel around them to see what everyone else is supposedly confirming as true.

"Go not where the path may lead, but go where there is no path and leave a trail"

Archived