The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Your opinion on this is a biased as any. You're a self proclaimed "die hard Bieksa fan" Of coarse you're missing the bad when you're only looking for the good. Stop being a hypocrite.

No he's not, he has never called him a superstar. He is just arguing that he is not as bad as you claim.

No he's not, he has never called him a superstar. He is just arguing that he is not as bad as you claim.

Have I ever said anyone is calling him a superstar? How can you say another canuck poster is not Biased? The guy is a die hard juice fan that has had a positive personal encounter with him. Of coarse he's going to see more of the good in Juice, anyone would. I'm just saying that he's also been calling people out on knit picking Bieksas game when really he is doing the exact opposite. Which in turn is just as bad.

Ballards penalty was a bad call, pure and simple. It was not his fault he was being hugged on the ice and punched in the head only to earn 2 min for it.

Bieksa made a decision to slash somebody, so really nobody to blame on that one but himself. Her made that decision when his team was already down a man.

How exactly would you distribute the blame there?

That's your opinion. The Zebras saw it otherwise. In any event, I already acknowledged that it wasn't a smart play by Bieksa.

My original reason for weighing in was the posters claiming that the penalty "cost us the game". It did not. The Canucks re-took the lead and if not for some uncharacteristic stone hands on the part of Samuelsson and Henrik, should have been able to extend that lead.

My second reason for "entering the fray" as it were, was the blame being heaped on Bieksa for the Corey Perry goal. I feel like I adequately showed that not to be the case as well.

Overall, I tend to agree that KB is paid more than he currently deserves. (but not as much as some think) I also agree that he is occasionally prone to defensive errors.

However, I disagree with the sentiment that he is not an NHL caliber defenseman, isn't better than Aaron Rome or that the team would be better off without him.

Check my sig. Thats a quote from last years playoffs. Whats changed in Bieksas game since then? IMO nothing. So whats changed with the poster?

How can you say he had a bad playoffs when he was 5th on the team in points (only behind Sedins, Samuelson and Kesler, who had only 1 goal)and was a + player all while taking on the other teams top offensive players.

obviously not.

How is it obvious?

You've done nothing in this thread but throw insults and pretend that you're some sort of tough guy.

I notice that you don't respond with some sort of hockey pedigree of your own, so let me guess: You "watch a lot of hockey", right?

Check my sig. Thats a quote from last years playoffs. Whats changed in Bieksas game since then? IMO nothing. So whats changed with the poster?

Nothing's changed with me or my begrudging acceptance to vocalise when Bieksa plays poorly.....and still be a Die-Hard fand of his and the team, more importantly. I'm not a bandwagoner that picks and chooses when or when not, or if I like, someone.

I, as your quote of me suggests, am not the type of fan that is blinded by his loyalty. I am however a fan that doesn't sell out my loyalty quickly either because of dips in performance or mistakes in someone's night. I don't apologize for being a fan of his, or for thinking he's a great guy off the ice as well...but i'm not, nor have I ever been delusional in my support or critique....as you are in your constant criticism and 'shots' towards him.

But, i'm glad you quoted me....you just helped everyone see that it can be proven that i'm not a 'blind lover'...so thanks for that.

Tying up a stick and slashing a stick are two very different things, my friend.

Doesnt matter if it was a weak stick and was about to break, we all know the refs will call that EVERY time

Personally I still like him and think he brings alot more good to the table than he does bad, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just wish most of those people would be grown up about it.

I''m with Wall St. on this one, Had it been a wooden stick say, Bieksa's slash may have knocked the stick out of the guy's hands.

Had the supposed 'weak stick' not broken, the force of the slash likely would have dislodged the stick. It was a slash, it was at a bad time and in an area of the ice where they were not going to score from.

Which was weaker? Bieksa's play or the stick?

My thoughts exactly.

The only way I see Bieksa staying is if...

1) Someone else goes on LTIR that makes $3.5M+

2) His point production skyrockets to Mike Green (ie. 60-70pts) levels before Salo returns.

Another very real possibility, based on his past injury history is if Bieksa himself is on the shelf.

If by pure offensiveness you mean no defensive abilities than yes. Edler is a much superior offensive defenceman. This year he will prove that.

By pure offensiveness I mean purely point production.

Don't confuse yourself, I never said Bieksa was a better defensemen than Edler. That's just idiotic.

Bieksa is just better offensively. He is better at strictly one facet of the game. Get it straight. Bieksa will have far larger point numbers than Edler this year.

Bieksa is just better offensively. He is better at strictly one facet of the game. Get it straight. Bieksa will have far larger point numbers than Edler this year.

So far AV is doing at least one thing correctly regarding Bieksa. He has Ehrhoff and Edler out as the top pairing PP. If that continues, it'll be impossible for Bieksa to record more points. (Even if they got the same PP time, I'd still predict Edler coming out on top.)

So far AV is doing at least one thing correctly regarding Bieksa. He has Ehrhoff and Edler out as the top pairing PP. If that continues, it'll be impossible for Bieksa to record more points. (Even if they got the same PP time, I'd still predict Edler coming out on top.)

We are going to have a HIGH scoring defense :blink:

Hamhuis 30 points

Ballard 30 points

Ehrhoff 40 points

Edler 40 points

Bieksa 35 points

Alberts 15 points

Thats 190 points from your back end!

By pure offensiveness I mean purely point production.

Don't confuse yourself, I never said Bieksa was a better defensemen than Edler. That's just idiotic.

We will see...

Archived